April SKETCH Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Sketch174-2024-04

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will allow you to envision something from a “boring” base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, and your supplies.

Sketch060.jpg

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

I started out with the best intentions of  sticking to the  sketch, by creating something using the grid.  That soon  went out the window, when I decided to use multiple frames instead of  the set blocks in the  sketch.  Some of you will have the  frame with the  Swallow in as I  created a template and  made it available to download, back in 2021 I believe.  The other frame I created today.  The tag is mine, the bow is one of Carole's scripts, along with the decorated  bottom paper.  The  design on the right  is created using the brush and brush variance tools, which can be found along with many others in the brush variance masterclass.  

Birds and creatures of all kinds are now making an appearance, for me this a  positive sign  that Spring is  for  me literally  around the corner.

Swallow Butteflies sketch challenge.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 6

25 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I started out with the best intentions of  sticking to the  sketch, by creating something using the grid.  That soon  went out the window, when I decided to use multiple frames instead of  the set blocks in the  sketch.  Some of you will have the  frame with the  Swallow in as I  created a template and  made it available to download, back in 2021 I believe.  The other frame I created today.  The tag is mine, the bow is one of Carole's scripts, along with the decorated  bottom paper.  The  design on the right  is created using the brush and brush variance tools, which can be found along with many others in the brush variance masterclass.  

Birds and creatures of all kinds are now making an appearance, for me this a  positive sign  that Spring is  for  me literally  around the corner.

Swallow Butteflies sketch challenge.jpg

Yup, I know that feeling. Starting out with good intentions and a plan, but seeing them go out the window as the layout develops. What I envision is usually not precisely what I get. But it's fun anyway. Love everything about this one. Those frames are wonderful.

Edited by Julie Magerka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

Yup, I know that feeling. Starting out with good intentions and a plan, but seeing them go out the window as the layout develops. What I envision is usually not precisely what I get. But it's fun anyway. Love everything about this one. Those frames are wonderful.

I don't  think any of us ever complete a page as we  previously  envisage.   I whole heartedly agree with you that it  is  certainly  great fun.  Also a wonderful surprise to see the end result. 

There is a tutorial, I had to look it up for you, so  you can  check it out. Split photo effect.  Lab 10-8. 

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don't  think any of us ever complete a page as we  previously  envisage.   I whole heartedly agree with you that it  is  certainly  great fun.  Also a wonderful surprise to see the end result. 

There is a tutorial, I had to look it up for you, so  you can  check it out. Split photo effect.  Lab 10-8. 

Thanks for looking that up for me! I will be checking it out.

• Like 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic