printer needs

Julie Magerka

20 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

I finally got around to getting a new colour printer. The one I had was lousy so I didn't use it. Now I'm all set to print things. Like CARDS. What size paper (and finish) is best for this purpose? Thanks for help.

I don't know if I can help you, because of me being in Europe. I always try to find a glossy-matt paper. In essence that paper is matt so you can write on it, but it has some shine on the paper that let your photos/layouts look way better then on matt paper. I sometimes have difficulties in finding it when I have used up the ones I had. Good luck, a new printer deserves good paper!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Several years ago, this paper was recommended to me for cards and other craft projects.

Amazon.com : Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, Double-sided, 50 Sheets) (S041568),Bright White : Epson Double Sided Matte Paper : Office Products

I've never done cards so I can't vouch for it.

If you would be printing 4x6 photos, I would go with a paper made for the printer in a glossy format. Colors tend to be more vibrant on paper made by the printer manufacturer. I have a supply of 4x6 paper by various vendors and will use them but I find that the photos are sometimes dull looking since the paper is not made for the ink of my printer.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Several years ago, this paper was recommended to me for cards and other craft projects.

Amazon.com : Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, Double-sided, 50 Sheets) (S041568),Bright White : Epson Double Sided Matte Paper : Office Products

I've never done cards so I can't vouch for it.

If you would be printing 4x6 photos, I would go with a paper made for the printer in a glossy format. Colors tend to be more vibrant on paper made by the printer manufacturer. I have a supply of 4x6 paper by various vendors and will use them but I find that the photos are sometimes dull looking since the paper is not made for the ink of my printer.

Thanks Rene. It would never have occurred to me that the paper made by the printer manufacturer would be the best choice.

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Thanks Rene. It would never have occurred to me that the paper made by the printer manufacturer would be the best choice.

Congrats on the new printer! I have an Epson WorkForce Pro and use it a lot. I agree about using materials from the printer manufacturer, especially ink. Cheap ink products will probably damage your printer as they don't have the special ingredients included to keep it from jamming. I know it is more expensive but I only buy ink directly from Epson and never have jam-ups.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Congrats on the new printer! I have an Epson WorkForce Pro and use it a lot. I agree about using materials from the printer manufacturer, especially ink. Cheap ink products will probably damage your printer as they don't have the special ingredients included to keep it from jamming. I know it is more expensive but I only buy ink directly from Epson and never have jam-ups.

I agree about ink as well. My last few printers have been Canon printers so I always buy their ink. The off brand alternatives always come up when I go on Amazon to order and are much cheaper but I stick with the Canon ink. Even going back to the laser printer I had in the late1990's (an HP LaserJet 6P), I only ever bought the HP laser cartridges. I saw so many problems with the HP laser printers at work when off brand cartridges were used that I never ever thought about going off brand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

We have a Canon printer and we have it about 7 years now. We have always used the Canon inks, but not the paper. We live in a village and couldn't get that paper, only on-line and then you have to pay for the delivery as well unless you buy things over a certain amount of money. But I find other papers satisfactory as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1