September Word Challenge - CHANGE

Cassel

http://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/WordChallenge.jpg

Here is the next Word challenge for you.

In September the word will be CHANGE. It can be used as is, or as "changing" or "changed", etc. Many changes happen in our lives, and around us. Scrapbooking is often a great way to document that, so we don't forget those changes. Some are big and drastic, some are subtle and almost invisible at the time. But they are all meaningful in the end.

Are you up to the challenge? Post your projects in this thread (it can be older projects you did or recent ones; it does not matter) or, if you want, our PSP Scrapbook Showcase pinboard on Pinterest is always there to showcase what is being shared in the Campus (if you need an invite, let me know)

This is my contribution for this challenge and what I have used.

Fonts: Cooper Black / Bad script / Bella Donna

Papers and Element (WoodOakLeaf) from DHiller - NatureEscape Freebie

Arrows from KAarrows.ttf (LAB 07 Module 08)

cass-CornersPunchesA and cass-Beads-SeedBeads2 (spray)

Great idea Cristina to use the progress from seed to plant, really showcases the word. I thought long and hard about what to do, then started thinking about the time of year and how it was in September that we left England to emigrate, and how big a change this was for us. So, here is my contribution, hope you like it.

The photos I got from the internet, the background is one I made using FilterForge, and the maps of course from Google making use of Cassel's Difference Blending lesson. The font is Litoland italic, standard and the word CHANGE was done with Litoland Title.

Very interesting layout and informative Marlene. I remember peeps going out to AU for £10 when I was young and it all seemed very tempting but when you are young you have romantic ideas about it all. Must of been hard for two 20+ year olds. We had ideas of going out to SA as it was a good place to go for Engineers but the situation out there put a stop to that so we stayed here and no regrets. TFS.

Sheila, Marlene, and Dawn thank you for your comments. I appreciate very much. :) <3

Sheila, nature is really amazing, and we were so happy watching the whole process since germination till eating the jalapeño.

Marlene, your page is so nice and I do love your journaling!! What an interesting story and life experience. I am sure you can create many pages more just remembering what has happened since your arrival. Great job!

Thank you everyone, glad you liked the page. It was a big decision, based partly on our Best Man and his desire to go to Canada (his mum was Canadian) and partly on the fact that Russell's Dad had turned down a job in Tasmania after the war. It was tough at first but we met some lovely people, found jobs and somewhere to live, and have never regretted the decision. The really hard part is being so far away from family (we don't have kids of our own) but that is better now with Skype. And yes, Cristina, I do have lots of stories about our life here as I'm sure everyone does, it is only because of Cassel's Challenges that I am starting to do pages about them.

Mary I was sorry to hear of your loss, it must be a very hard time for you. Hopefully chatting and sharing with us will help a little bit.

I am a bit late  with this challenge however this is what I have come up with this morning. I have a liking for the vintage style and I added a little gingham to the mix in the hope it would create a vintage feel to the page. This was done really just for the fun of it and to help me relax. I did it in a black and white theme first but then decided it needed a bit of colour.

Items used on this page...Cassel's Scripts- Gingham, Quick Scallops, Word Insert and also Cassel's  Lace Tube. The small flower is a PSP tube.   The 2 vintage lady images are free clip art from Olddesignshop. The modern day one is from a purchased kit.

Dawn.

Love this Dawn. How fashions have changed indeed. How on earth women sashayed around in all that fabric especially on a hot day makes me want to go and lie down for a bit. Having said that, I think the fashion was more elegant back in the days when women were a bit more modest than some are today.

Sheila x

Dawn that is a lovely page, well suited to the challenge. You have made good use of Cassel's scripts and I think the subtle colour works really well. I have just had a look at the Old Design Shop, there are so many lovely images I only looked at a few but I'm sure I will come back again. Thanks for sharing that information.