Newsletter chitchat - January 2, 2024

Cassel

I don't know about you, but it will take me a little while to get used to write 2024 instead of 2023!

So, what have you been doing at the end of 2023? 

And what about the start of 2024?

Let's chat!

test 3

I'm playing around with Microsoft and Google, passwords that are suddenly no longer valid etc. My friend Google translates everything I write down in English into Dutch.🤪 In particular the links in Carole's newsletters.It is easy to read everything you write in my native language, but my answers are then also translated and that is not the intention.That is not going smoothly yet. The temperature here is about 10 degrees above freezing. Cold and rainy. NO snow at all. Since I was very tired, I took an extra long vacation. Then I was treated to a nice fat corona infection as a santa present 😷. I am now slowly healing from that. Microsoft advised me to switch back to Edge from Chrome on the grounds that they can better protect me against hackers. Fortunately, Google and Microsoft now work better together. I haven't done anything on PSP in weeks. I hope to be present again at the next Q&A. Hopefully it doesn't translate everything again.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Aw, I’m sorry you were sick Jannette! And over Christmas is especially not fun! 

I finished putting away Christmas stuff almost a week ago until I realized our Christmas stockings were still hanging! A neighbor brought a tin of cookies to us - my husband is diabetic, so guess who ate every single cookie and candy in that tin? (Including homemade peppermint patties and Reese cups!)

Tomorrow we spend the day - ok, a few hours - at the Route 66 Museum. (Route 66 winds from Chicago to LA, so I will be in an Illinois museum.)

My husband doesn’t know it, but I have a CD with 2+ hours of the song “Route 66” performed by different people and bands from 1946 to the 2000s. About 60 versions. Hahaha. I bet I only get through 5 before he turns it off.  You can sing along with us:  Get your kicks on Route 66 https://audioperfecta.com/get-your-kicks-with-these-covers-of-route-66/

On the PSP front, I have a contribution to the Digital Scrapbook Blogtrain here: https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking/digitalscrapbookcom-blog-trains/jan-2024-blog-train-final-list

I also have been doing some cleaning out of scripts and files, brushes and stuff. Corel doesn’t name their scrips as well as they should, so I have been renaming those so I know whose they are. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

test 3

I'm playing around with Microsoft and Google, passwords that are suddenly no longer valid etc. My friend Google translates everything I write down in English into Dutch.🤪 In particular the links in Carole's newsletters.It is easy to read everything you write in my native language, but my answers are then also translated and that is not the intention.That is not going smoothly yet. The temperature here is about 10 degrees above freezing. Cold and rainy. NO snow at all. Since I was very tired, I took an extra long vacation. Then I was treated to a nice fat corona infection as a santa present 😷. I am now slowly healing from that. Microsoft advised me to switch back to Edge from Chrome on the grounds that they can better protect me against hackers. Fortunately, Google and Microsoft now work better together. I haven't done anything on PSP in weeks. I hope to be present again at the next Q&A. Hopefully it doesn't translate everything again.

Sorry to hear that you had corona, it is still not a simple flu-infection and it is going round at an alarming speed at the moment. I hear it from a lot of our friends at the moment and most of them took the latest vaccination in the last couple of months. Take care!

We had a most unusual Christmas day; our daughter and her family were flying (from SF) to Switzerland and did so via Amsterdam. They had a transfer time of 6 hours and we (my husband, son, his partner and myself) went to the airport to meet them for a couple of hours and we all got there within 10 minutes of each other. It was fantastic to see them and hug them, but it didn't feel like Christmas at all. The big main restaurant was closed due to X-mas and understaffing, so we sat down in one of the cafeterias, luckily it was very quiet and we could sit together. After we said goodbye to them, we had a late lunch with my son and partner and went our separate ways home. My hubby and I had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve which we never do, so that felt a bit unnatural to us.

Today I put away all the decorations, the weather is not great, rain and storm. No weather to take a long walk.

I felt ill on Dec 27 and tested positive for Covid on the 28th. It has now been 10 days and I'm finally clear. I had mostly upper sinus involvement with a little coughing. No fever just felt sleepy all the time. Looking forward to the Q & A and the new template workshop. Hope everyone else feels better, too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

I felt ill on Dec 27 and tested positive for Covid on the 28th. It has now been 10 days and I'm finally clear. I had mostly upper sinus involvement with a little coughing. No fever just felt sleepy all the time. Looking forward to the Q & A and the new template workshop. Hope everyone else feels better, too. 

Ann I'm glad you are feeling well again; Covid is still among us! I have had it 14 months ago and like you with mild symptoms. But it was a pity that you got it in this time of the year.

42 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Ann I'm glad you are feeling well again; Covid is still among us! I have had it 14 months ago and like you with mild symptoms. But it was a pity that you got it in this time of the year.

Thank you, Corrie. We did get through all the Christmas celebrating so I feel lucky. I am fully vaxxed so that helped to make it a mild case. 

• Like 1