September 1-2-3 Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-2-3-Challenge.jpg

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2 and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see.

Create a layout using :

1 stitched element

2 stickers

3 gel/plastic elements

As for the other elements, you can have any number of them. You can have buttons, papers, flowers, mats, etc.

Are you up to it?

To help you out, here are links that you can use:

How to create a Sticker

Sticker digits (freebie)

Stitching with fonts (for DIAMOND members)

Stitched Digits (freebie) and another set here too

Chain Stitching (for DIAMOND members)

Glitter Gel (for DIAMOND members)

Glitter Gel (freebie)

Looking forward to seeing your projects.

This is my contribution to this challenge.

Background: triangle pattern (LAB 07 module 08)

1 stitched element (cass-heart preset freebie + cass-StitchedEdge2 script); 2 stickers (Corel-Animal Clipart Minipack freebie + cass-How to create a sticker tutorial); 3 gel/plastic elements (cass-Glitter Gel freebie).

Fonts: Euphoria Script and Architects Daughter.

Cristina what a bright and cheery page, the background is colourful and the stickers really stand out. The gel elements are pretty too. Well done.

For my page I chose some photos taken when we visited Norfolk Island to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary (a few years ago now!). Norfolk Island is a fascinating place with a diverse history of dreadful convict treatment and later the Pitcairners making their home there. It is a lovely place to visit, but you can't live there unless you have family or a job, and then there are restrictions. One famous person who lived there was Colleen McCullough, author of "The Thorn Birds" and other books.

The stitched element is the Officer's House - my sister used to do a lot of cross-stitch and this was my way of copying her. It was a photo with a cross-stitch overlay added to it, the font is Home Sweet Home.

The two stickers are the gravestone of Peggie Chrstian, wife of Fletcher Christian who lead the mutiny, and part of a memorial to the Bounty, both of which I extracted and used Cassel's tutorial to turn into stickers.

The three plastic elements are from Cassel's plastic pocket freebie, which I divided into three so I could place them better.

The main font was Prida01.

Hope you like the page.

Cristina that is a very cheery page, the colourful background and your choice of elements are really good. Very nice.

For my page I chose some photos of Norfolk Island where we went a few years ago to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. It is a lovely place but has a very diverse history - the convict days were very dark, however the Pitcairners have really thrived and there are so many families now that are direct descendants you keep meeting Christians, Quintals, Adams and many others.

The stitched element is one of the officer's houses in Quality Row, a photo with a cross-stitch overlay. The font is Home Sweet Home. My sister used to do a lot of cross-stitch, I used this photo for a birthday card for her.

The two stickers are the gravestone of Peggie Christian, Fletcher Christian's wife, and a plaque of the Bounty, both of which I extracted and followed Cassel's sticker tutorial for.

The three plastic elements are from Cassel's Pocket freebie which I divided into three to make them easier to place.

The main font is Prida01.

I have included a picture of the cross-stitch as it doesn't show very well in the resized page.

Watawieh. Marlene. :)  Your layout is very nice. The journaling was so interesting that I was curious to learn a little bit more about Norfolk and Pitcairn... so I read a few sites about it. Now I know a little bit more about this part of the world.

I like the idea of using the cross-stitch overlay and the plastic pockets... They came out very good. Nice work!

Hello Marlene, I really like your page.  I also like the way you have used the overlay to create cross stitch effect on the photo... very creative idea. the font looks good as well. The journaling you have done is great, I enjoyed reading it and gives us a reminder of Norfolk Island's history. The stickers and pockets for the photos all combine to make a very nice page.

Dawn.