Doska-modul 2-basic course

Doska St.

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

Ok and now, where should I continue, building on the course so to speak? In the master class or in the lab?

Thats up to you what you want dearest. Might be nice to join us in the calendar workshop next week. And next month with the Q&A. That's always very interesting.

What about pc trouble i'm not able to help you. Might be some others can pick that up. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doska St. said:

I had a number of difficulties, e.g. For example, the icons at the top and bottom of the LEVEL in the program have completely disappeared. It didn't appear again after restarting the program. Where can I make them visible again? My script icon also disappeared once, but I was able to restore it again. Furthermore, I couldn't mark my title text, then the text cursor suddenly became small (from 400 to 65, for example). Does this have something to do with the performance of my PC/graphic card? But we also had quite a few network connection problems over the weekend. Have you also had similar experiences?

Would you be able to share screenshots of what you have that is not supposed to be? It would help us help you.

As for your next steps, just like the Bootcamp, workshops are fun because you do them with a group, so you get inspiration and ideas. The Calendar workshop started this morning. You can register if you have not yet: https://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/calendar-workshop/ Otherwise, other workshops are also available and they are always focussed on one specific topic. For you, you might like to try the Template workshop, since I assume you are/might be using templates.

Hello,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in calendars. I've done this before in a PS course, but have no use for it.

I also rarely work with ready-made templates in which you just have to put photos. I would like to learn to design and create deco myself with PSP. I really like cutout or 3D effects in general. Yesterday I downloaded a few videos from the master class that I liked. I like frames, borders/edges, working with dingbats, emboss effects (which I learned in PS and would also like to continue with PSP) and photo manipulations like out of bounds or crossfades. I would also like to know which file extensions PSP can load and process or convert. And otherwise I let myself be inspired by all the techniques you might need for scrapping. I'm not under any time pressure.

Attached is an example of my PS emboss frames and the screenshot of the missing icons in the layers

Catzia-Embossfreebie-prev.jpg

DS-No Layer-Icons_1123.jpg

Edited by Doska St.

10 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

I also rarely work with ready-made templates in which you just have to put photos.

You might be thinking of quick-pages. Templates are often black and white and they give you suggestions for the placement of photos, papers, elements, etc. but you still have full control over what you put.

13 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

I would also like to know which file extensions PSP can load and process or convert.

If you have Photoshop supplies, PaintShop Pro can use

• .psd files (although not all the features will carry over, like the Layer Styles)
  • .abr brushes - you just have to import them into PSP
  • .grd gradients - you have to import them
  • .csh - preset shapes. You can convert them with a script. Here is an article about it.

Of course, all the .psp files like .pspbrush, .psptube, .pspgradient, .pspshape, etc. are native for PSP. Typically, you don't need to import/export any of them. You just put them in the correct folder.

And all the usual non-program-specific files like .jpg and .png are available as is.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doska St. said:

I still need help, as I showed in the screenshot above, how to get my icons displayed again in the layers. Also the repeat script icon.

I am afraid that you might have to reset your program. Try to go to File > Preference  > Reset Preferences and Reset the workspace. That will lose all your customization, unfortunately. 

See if that solves the issue.

• Thanks 1

Hi Carole,

Unfortunately that didn't work either. The icons are specified as text (screen), which does not fit into the narrow frame and is not fully legible. In the Corel help, under Layers there is only help for editing, not how to place or restore the icons after a crash.

My Open-as-layer-rename script is still there with my chosen icon.

Edited by Doska St.

Dsoka this tip helped more than one persons from this club 

It is the officially answer of the Corel compagny to my question to them. 

"To reset PaintShop Pro 2023, you need to "press and hold" the Shift key on your computer while double click on the PaintShop Pro icon on your desktop, then you will see a dialogue box as displayed below -> click OK to restore the default settings."

The display is not here but you get a display with the question or you will reset or not,  press the YES button, and you get your reset. 

• Love 1

B*I*N*G*O,

that was the crucial tip🤩. Now the layer icons are back. Thank you, Jannette🥰. Now I just have to go back to the settings that Carole described in the video at the beginning of the boot camp, then I have the additional icons again and can continue with the tutorials.👍

Edited by Doska St.
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Glad that worked. I don't typically suggest this as the first step to reset since it means you reset EVERYTHING, which means you have to re-customize also everything. I like to start with "less drastic" measures.

Hi Carole,

could I please have the Links to the Open as Script videos and to the Repeat Icon video or PDF-Files, the videos in Scrapcourse don't work again.

Thank you.

Edit:

I found the PDF files among the modules and then restored all the small auxiliary icons to my workspace and saved them. But it would be helpful if the videos worked again in the long term.

Edited by Doska St.

1 hour ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

I'm glad it worked at You too. keep the answer for a next time. 😉

Of course, I have created folders for your valuable tips and the PDF tutorials, which I translate into German, so that the next time the program crashes I can solve it myself. Thanks again Janette and Carole.

Good Night🥱🌙 until tomorrow🙋‍♀️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Doska St. said:

I found the PDF files among the modules and then restored all the small auxiliary icons to my workspace and saved them. But it would be helpful if the videos worked again in the long term.

Is it possible that you have downloaded 11 files? The system is a little "buggy" in that once you have downloaded the max of 11 files, it will THINK that playing the videos is the same as downloading so it blocks. Try to avoid reaching the 11 downloads. Stick to 10. In the meantime, you just need to wait.

Those were just the PDF files I downloaded yesterday that I needed to reinstall the defaults during the scrapping course. These were other videos from the last few days of the masterclass that I'm now trying out one after the other. How many files can I download and within what period of time?

4 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Those were just the PDF files I downloaded yesterday that I needed to reinstall the defaults during the scrapping course. These were other videos from the last few days of the masterclass that I'm now trying out one after the other. How many files can I download and within what period of time?

When you download a file (a pdf or a video), you will get a popup saying something like "you have now downloaded X files out of the max of 11". Just try to not exceed 10. And it should be 10 downloads per 6 days. For the workshops, I host the videos differently so they are not streamed the same way as the masterclasses.

• Thanks 1

If you "open" the Vector layer, you should see the OBJECT in the Layers palette. If you double-click on the OBJECT, you should get a dialog window with the Line style and there, you can change it. The OBJECT has to be active for the change to be shown.

• Thanks 1

Looking at your screen shot, you need to change from fill to stroke in your material palette.   Double click on the  NEW PATH layer, it will open a dialog box.  Ensure you have the stroke selected, and not the fill.  Click on the  line style arrow to select the line style you want. There you can change many settings. Disregard the mitre limit. 

Screenshot 2023-11-23 103503.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-23 104504.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Thanks 1