Newsletter chitchat - October 24, 2023

Cassel

My grandchildren are from different ages but some of them are in their early twenties. Stil scholars. As they live far away we don't see them often. Last Saturday they were here, three boys and their 2 moms. They came from different locations In two cars. As a pastry, I baked a tray full of scones (on demand). The favorite sweet bite of 2 out of the three boys. Of course with apricot jam and clotted cream. Not the original English one that's not available in this small town but a substitute. I always use 1 tin of cream and 1 tin of sour cream, the cream whipped and sweetened a bit with some sugar and vanilla sugar. Then stirring the sour cream through carefully. After a lot of joking and laughter, the whole tray of scones was empty. After finishing the scones the ICTer Lennard had a look in my laptop and changed so here and there something I never had known it was even possible. He added Malewherebite as an extra check-up to find malware. In the early afternoon, we went to Grandpa in the nursing home. He was very glad to see them and the boys took him for a walk in the garden of the home and the ladies pushed his wheelchair Then we wanted to go to the pier/beach but it was raining. So we went into the beach restaurant and had there our dinner. We had a good few over the sea and the tall ships (most cargo ) The ships came in and out of the North Sea Canal very carefully of course.  A cruise ship to Scandinavia to it's destination. Many WOWs were heard. Photo 1 the rib of Nordin. He said it was very tasty. Photo 2 The boys during the walk in the garden. Photo 3 Eating the scones. And many many more photo's.

ribeye.jpg

IMG-20231021-WA0002walk.jpg

IMG-20231022-WA0005scones.jpg

Edited by Jannette Nieuwboer
  • Love 3