October STRING OF WORDS Challenge (2023)

Cassel

4 minutes ago, Jannette Nieuwboer said:

Michelle, what did you use for the circle of umbrellas? A plugin or a script? 

I found the original post and my explanation in a comment:

I started with one umbrella. Duplicated it and mirrored it vertically. Duplicated twice more and free-rotated each of those. Then I merged all four to a new layer and rotated that one 45 degrees. Merged all eight of the umbrellas. Duplicated that layer and rotated it 22.5 degrees. I enlarged the bottom layer a little bit (don't remember how much). Hence, a total of 16 umbrellas, eight on each layer.
Technically one umbrella LOL. ❤ ...
Believe it or not, the most frustrating part for me was trying to get the puddle the way I wanted it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Michele said:

I found the original post and my explanation in a comment:

I started with one umbrella. Duplicated it and mirrored it vertically. Duplicated twice more and free-rotated each of those. Then I merged all four to a new layer and rotated that one 45 degrees. Merged all eight of the umbrellas. Duplicated that layer and rotated it 22.5 degrees. I enlarged the bottom layer a little bit (don't remember how much). Hence, a total of 16 umbrellas, eight on each layer.
Technically one umbrella LOL. ❤ ...
Believe it or not, the most frustrating part for me was trying to get the puddle the way I wanted it.

I guessed that is how you created the multiple umbrellas.  Carole, uses that  technique in many of her tutorials. (eg flower petals)  There is also a Xmas masterclass on creating a 3D effect, in it there is mat in the centre of the room demonstrated, similar to your puddle.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I guessed that is how you created the multiple umbrellas.  Carole, uses that  technique in many of her tutorials. (eg flower petals)  There is also a Xmas masterclass on creating a 3D effect, in it there is mat in the centre of the room demonstrated, similar to your puddle.   

To satisfy my own curiosity, I looked up which masterclass I was referring to.  It's called Pop up.  I thought it was a Christmas one, but it isn't, Carole uses a Christmas tree, to demonstrate perspective and shadowing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1