Newsletter Chitchat - August 29, 2023

Cassel

I don't know how thick the doors are, but could you maybe put the screws on the tree behind the door frames? Then you can cut keyholes in the back of the door frames so you can slip them onto the screws. If they're not thick enough, you could add another layer to the back. Does any of this make sense to you? 

3 hours ago, Michele said:

I don't know how thick the doors are, but could you maybe put the screws on the tree behind the door frames? Then you can cut keyholes in the back of the door frames so you can slip them onto the screws. If they're not thick enough, you could add another layer to the back. Does any of this make sense to you? 

They are very thin. Also, one of them even opens. There is also the fact that the trunk is round so I didn't want to add more thickness in the middle of the doors for them to stick out even more. With pieces on the sides, it makes them a little more "flush" to the bark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cassel said:

They are very thin. Also, one of them even opens. There is also the fact that the trunk is round so I didn't want to add more thickness in the middle of the doors for them to stick out even more. With pieces on the sides, it makes them a little more "flush" to the bark.

Well, then, how about adding a couple of "bushes" in front of the screws? I know whatever you come up with will be great.

5 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Another idea from the aquarium that Ann showed. For aquariums there are, I think plastic plants and other embellishments that a least are made to be in water.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing!

• Like 1
  • Love 1