August Master Class Challenge - PHOTO CHEATS

Cassel

During the live presentation, we looked at several ways to "cheat" to improve your photos with PSP, whether it is to adjust the color, create focus, remove unwanted elements, replace the sky, add a Bokeh effect or create a miniature effect. What technique will you be using on what photo? Show us a before and after of your photos and tell us what you did. Maybe you'll improvise and inspire others with new ideas.

This shot is a basic internet picture

I built it up in layers with the gold background or any thing

you like the aircraft is pasted in an off centre posiition

However the WHITE inner frame has a slight perspective

slope.  This is a must to make the aircraft speed and out of balance

to appear.  Of course the gold frame is just to set it off.

Have fun

These are the attempts I made trying to replicate some of the techniques Cassel showed in Photo Cheats Masterclass. By the way, great class as always.

I tried the Create focus, Replace sky, Bokeh effect and Create a Miniature Effect. It was the first time I used the brush variance and I liked it. I will probably try the confetti effect in another challenge.

All photos are from Pixabay.

after being inspired by watching Cassel's Photo Cheats Master Class here is one example I have done. I found the class quite interesting as it is a technique that I have not played with up until now. I used the Radial option in the selective focus area on the bird an added the bokeh effect to it which I really enjoyed doing.

I watched the Photo Cheats master class video last night. As usual I learned a lot. I used the tutorial to add bokeh effects to a pic I did for my gaming group today. (How about that for great timing?) I usually try to find an appropriate overlay, but it's so much better to create my own bokeh. I started with a lighted dance floor for a background. Here is a pic of the before and after; if you click on it to enlarge the pic, you'll see the effect more clearly. I know my pics are not usually "scrapbooky," but everything I learn here can be used for other projects, too.

I spent a lovely afternoon yesterday listening to howling winds and hail on the windows - and playing with the Master Class lessons! I will upload the examples over a couple of entries in case they get too big.

First off is the Colour Correction. Like Cassel I had snow photos that didn't look very white so this was a great idea - I hadn't seen the Manual Colour Collection button, now I will use it a lot.

Second is removing an item. The photo is of a place called Dark Hedges, near Ballymoney in Northern Ireland. The patch on the path is actually a reflection in a puddle but it looks funny and a bit out of place, so I removed it.

I often have the problem of a very light sky, a lot of the photos I have of my golfing friends are taken outside, so replacing the sky is very handy. I took out the background but couldn't find a nice sky photo so I used the Gradient Fill tool with a sky filter, then on a separate layer used some cloud brushes I have to add a few clouds, then blurred them a bit so they faded in the background.

The Pelican photo is an example of blurring the background.

And finally the Bokeh effect. In 2013 I was lucky enough to be able to do the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour, which was really interesting. Unfortunately the lighting and lots of glass meant my little camera struggled to get nice clear photos (or perhaps it was the person pushing the button!) Anyway this is a photo taken in the Great Hall and I thought it was very suitable for adding the bokeh effect.

I must thank Cassel for this Master Class, I have used some of these tools before but still learnt new ideas and methods. It was a fantastic Master Class.