Selecting a new color or pattern, clicking fill bucket, new color and pattern reverts to former colors!

Suzy

In my normal workflow, I select the material from the materials palette, then click the fill bucket. I do this so I don’t accidentally fill something if I click.
but in the last couple of months, the materials palette always reverts back to what it had formerly been when I click the paint bucket. So I have to choose my color or pattern again.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:14 AM, Suzy said:

In my normal workflow, I select the material from the materials palette, then click the fill bucket. I do this so I don’t accidentally fill something if I click.
but in the last couple of months, the materials palette always reverts back to what it had formerly been when I click the paint bucket. So I have to choose my color or pattern again.

This happens to me too, much of the time. And that checkbox is ticked. I have the same problem with fonts reverting to initial setting and I then have to keep re-setting the style and size. In terms of "big" problems, it's not. But can be annoying.

9 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Okay, I'm not getting this.  Where is this "fill bucket"  and what is the "paint bucket" .  I just know about the "flood fill" tool, I cant find any buckets.  Is there a "money bucket"?  I could really use one of those.

The flood fill tool icon looks like a bucket so I'm guessing that is what she is talking about but just using different terminology.

A money bucket would be nice too....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

The flood fill tool icon looks like a bucket so I'm guessing that is what she is talking about but just using different terminology.

A money bucket would be nice too....

I thought it might be that, but also thought there could be hidden tools I didnt know about depending on which materials palette you use.