August Theme Challenge - TOOTH FAIRY

Cassel

As soon as I saw the theme I thought of my oldest granddaughter and the dramas we had with her when she lost her teeth. At the time of the stories I happened to be visiting my family and I have photos of her when she lost 2 of her teeth.

The background paper is Inked Florals DD 10048 which I have in my stash and I blended in the Fairy from Grunge-Forest-Fairy-Junk-Journal. I used the freebie from this theme for the title and thanks to the Vector Workshop I made a shape out of it and filled it with a part of my photo. In this manner I can use my photos without her being recognizable! Two more fairies by Sheila Reid - enchanted purple (and teal) hair fairy on Digital Scrapbook and a gold dust tube.

Tooth Fairy-600.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

As soon as I saw the theme I thought of my oldest granddaughter and the dramas we had with her when she lost her teeth. At the time of the stories I happened to be visiting my family and I have photos of her when she lost 2 of her teeth.

That is definitely a story to tell!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

The background paper is Inked Florals DD 10048 which I have in my stash and I blended in the Fairy from Grunge-Forest-Fairy-Junk-Journal. I used the freebie from this theme for the title and thanks to the Vector Workshop I made a shape out of it and filled it with a part of my photo. In this manner I can use my photos without her being recognizable! Two more fairies by Sheila Reid - enchanted purple (and teal) hair fairy on Digital Scrapbook and a gold dust tube.

Tooth Fairy-600.jpg

What a cool story.  And very inventive of you all.  Is your granddaughter older now.  Does she remember it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

What a cool story.  And very inventive of you all.  Is your granddaughter older now.  Does she remember it?

She is almost 14 now and I think she remembers it, although it hasn't been mentioned lately. I have been grinning to myself all the time writing this story down.

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

She is almost 14 now and I think she remembers it, although it hasn't been mentioned lately. I have been grinning to myself all the time writing this story down.

I was grinning READING it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Suzy said:

Corrie, that’s so cute! And such a gorgeous layout! Fairy dust, fairies, and you made your own teeth, too!

Suzy, thank you! Thanks to the Vector Workshop it was very easy to make a preset shape of that tooth-freebie and then embellish it and put the photos inside the shape. It was great to apply what we learned in that workshop to a layout.

• Like 2

Here's my layout with a tooth theme. My daughter needed braces and this was her journey. The font is Britannica Bold, the template from Miss Fish with several cass-tooth decorations.

Here is the text:

My daughter, Laurey, was born with a severe overbite and a significant gap between her front teeth. Finally, at age 14 she was ready for braces, though there are no photos showing them as she always pulled her lips down and refused to smile. They came off for her junior year of high school when she was 16 and she was delighted, as you can see from her school picture. Love her smile!

LAUREY'S SMILE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
added text
  • Love 5

• Cassel unpinned this topic