August - Theme Challenge - BUILDING

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Theme-Challenge.jpg

Since this month, we have a BUILDING theme for the blog, and there are lots of ideas to inspire you, I am challenging you to create your own layout about building something; it could be any kind of building supplies (cards, Legos, cushions, etc.)

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Theme-Building.jpg

Are you up to it?

Hello Anja  ... Kai must have enjoyed  building with legos and you have displayed them nicely on your page. The font is a nice one also.  Thank you for showing us.

Here is my contribution to this Challenge. When Cassel put up this month's Theme of Building I thought to myself maybe I wouldn't have anything for this topic. However it got me thinking about building a house and what that means. I found  a sentiment on building a house with hands and decided to do a page with that... I created the top wording.  Thank you Cassel for the Lego Picture Tubes and the heart tubes, I have changed the colours to suit the project. I have used the lego tube also for a pattern in the background. The house photo is one of our house many years ago when an extension was being built.

Dawn.

Nice pages Anja and Dawn, lovely colours on both of them and I love the sentiment on yours Dawn. I thought for a while, not having any building type photos, then I remembered our caravan club last year where we were randomly divided into groups and given a children's toy to build. It was a great way to get to know other people and the ingenuity and cleverness which was shown turning bits and pieces into toys was quite remarkable. There was also a lot of rivalry, trying to see what the other groups were making, even some trying to sabotage other group's efforts (in a nice way of course!). It ended up being a lot of fun and not only built toys but relationships as well.

As I don't have any new photos connected to this theme, I repeated the same ones I used for the TOYS challenge in May.

I made two papers using cass-BuildingBlocks PspTube freebie. One of them I used for the background and arrows, and I used both to create the circles.

I used cass-RibbonFactory script to create the two ribbons and cass-CornerPunchesA brushes. I added KAagard-NovBYOC_Stitches freebies. The font is Dancing Script.

Hi Cristina!...a bright and happy page you have created. great colours... your use of the tube is very effective.  especially I like the rings they make a great element , ... love the effect of the corner punches also (they are one of my favourites) and I am glad you like to use them to. The photo's are a joy to see again. Well done!

Dawn.

Hi, Dawn! Thank you so much for your kind comment. I also like the rings elements (Cassel's Basic Scrap Course). The corner punches really give a nice touch to any page. I remember that I saw a few of your projects using them and I love it. Then I remembered that I had the brushes but hadn't used yet. :) That is why is so good when we participate in the challenges, post our projects here.... we learn a lot from each other.