July FONT Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

Whenever you create a project, it is likely that you will want to use some text. In this case, you might be looking for some interesting fonts to showcase titles or dates. This month, you will get the opportunity to download a free font that is a little different than usual.

You can get this free font HERE.

Fredericka-Font.jpg

This looks like a fun hand-drawn grungy font. It should be pretty versatile, and you can "fill in" the back of the font for more colors!

• Like 2

• Cassel pinned this topic

A couple of days ago I was playing with the curvy lines script that I won and with the freebie that we got in the store. Just for me to see what I could do with it and I decided to make a page out of it. I used photos I took of the gigant Saguaru Cactus when I was in Arizona on my trip. That cactus has "lines" on it and that made it a good combination with this font Fredericka. Btw I felt a dwarf when standing next to one of them, they are gigantic and something I have never seen before, as so many things on this trip.  Besides all the memories I have a lot of photos for all kinds of upcoming projects! You might get tired of my stories.

Font Challenge July 2023-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

A couple of days ago I was playing with the curvy lines script that I won and with the freebie that we got in the store. Just for me to see what I could do with it and I decided to make a page out of it. I used photos I took of the gigant Saguaru Cactus when I was in Arizona on my trip. That cactus has "lines" on it and that made it a good combination with this font Fredericka. Btw I felt a dwarf when standing next to one of them, they are gigantic and something I have never seen before, as so many things on this trip.  Besides all the memories I have a lot of photos for all kinds of upcoming projects! You might get tired of my stories.

Font Challenge July 2023-600.jpg

Wow, my Alexa tells me that 15m is 50 feet! Wow again!! Spectacular, Corrie, and that curly lines works well as does the font. Keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

Corrie, what a beautiful layout and this font is perfect for it... I downloaded it, although I have plenty of fonts. ? Quoting Michele, I am, too, a fontholic. ?

I am not getting tired of your stories as I travel and learn through your layouts.

Ann, I like this layout very much...  I like this combination of a black and white background with the color photo... or vice versa.

Edited by Cristina
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Thank you for sharing the font, I really like it.   I have been working on this page for some time, when I saw the font I knew it would match well.   I used CASS-text Paper script for the text on the paper.   I used several blending modes to get the result I wanted.

03-04 Lexi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Royanne Hewko said:

Thank you for sharing the font, I really like it.   I have been working on this page for some time, when I saw the font I knew it would match well.   I used CASS-text Paper script for the text on the paper.   I used several blending modes to get the result I wanted.

Beautiful page, Royanne! I agree; the font fits perfectly with the layout.

Edited by Cristina

• Cassel unpinned this topic