Newsletter chitchat - July 11, 2023

Cassel

What do you think of the party planning so far?

Have you ever attended a "dinosaur-theme" party?

Do you have other suggestions?

We already have a whole Pinterest board but new ideas are always welcome.

Let's chat.

2 minutes ago, MoniqueN. said:

I never did a themed b-day party for my kids (last century ???) Is that custom in Canada or is it something new? Themed b-days?

I never had that for my own birthdays when I was a kid, and I never did it for my kids either. The most we would have would be a themed birthday cake and MAYBE things like matching plates and napkins if there were any. I guess party store marketers have done a great job to make it more mainstream and now, it is fairly common even though it is not everyone doing it.

But you have a great question. I also wonder now, how common it is in various parts of the world.

• Like 1

Well I never had such a thing for my birthdays or those of my kids. My daughter did themed birthday parties for her kids when they were living in Switzerland but I haven't heard about it now they are living in the States. Of course during the last couple of Corona years there weren't any parties.

• Like 2

I have never had some b-party as child either but it was never really important to me, may be because I have no siblings.

More and more parents organize real parties for children, everything is planned through, the theme,  invitation cards are written, decoration and food are chosen (sometimes pizza cab and even catering) Of course, games are thought out, children who are invited also get gifts, sometimes in the form that they can craft their own gifts, material is provided, different entertainments, e,g, clown is hired, music and theater performance, etc... 

I would do that cool cake with the M&Ms inside it! I thought that was awesome! If you use peanut M&Ms,  they might be unhatched dinosaur eggs!

I actually logged on here because I don’t remember reading the Thursday newsletter. Who is that from? Or the subject line?  I can’t find it in new mail or in junk folder

Edited by Suzy

10 hours ago, Suzy said:

I would do that cool cake with the M&Ms inside it! I thought that was awesome! If you use peanut M&Ms,  they might be unhatched dinosaur eggs!

I actually logged on here because I don’t remember reading the Thursday newsletter. Who is that from? Or the subject line?  I can’t find it in new mail or in junk folder

The weekly newsletter from the Campus comes by email and it depends on where you live if you get it on Wednesday or Thursday. The newsletter from the store comes by email on Sunday. Check your spamfolder as well because some of us get the store letter in spam nowadays, depends on your browser.

11 hours ago, Suzy said:

The Tuesday/Wednesday newsletter is from the Campus and is titled "Campus update" with the date. It is sent around 10 pm Eastern time, so in America, it is sent on Tuesday, but for Europe, it is already Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Michele said:

When is/was the dinosaur party, Cassel?

It will be on July 29.

The banner is already done. but yeah, I had seen various fun alphabets, yet we didn't use any "dino-font", but just a regular font for it.

• Like 1