July Word Challenge - EVEN

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/WordChallenge.jpg

Since members of the Campus seem to like to be challenged, here is another one for you.

Once a month, a single word will be given to you and you will have to use it in your layout/project.

In June the word will be EVEN. It can be used in many ways, whether you are talking about even numbers (2, 4, 6, etc), about measuring things (or people), or you might have images of a prank where someone "got even".

Are you up to the challenge? Post your projects in this thread (it can be older projects you did; nobody would know if you don't tell) or, if you want, our PSP Scrapbook Showcase pinboard on Pinterest is always there to showcase what is being shared in the Campus (if you need an invite, let me know)

I found 2 photos of my Mum and Dad and thought I would create a page to add to a small album  I will make. The side photo was taken earlier in their marriage and the bottom one which includes our pet dog Tootsie was taken not long before my Dad passed away back in 1967 .  Even when Dad had a stroke and Mum had to work, to keep us afloat, their Love remained strong. These 2 photos show them in a loving pose at different times in their marriage. I decided to make them in a sepia tone as the photos were not in great shape, hence the whole theme is sepia tones. The wedding rings and flowers were done with psp tubes and the rose on the paper was done with a brush I created from a picture.. I hope my use of the word EVEN for this challenge is acceptable.

best wishes to everyone,

Dawn.

Dawn, your use of the word is perfectly good. I try to choose words that can be used and interpreted in different ways, so that everyone can think of something related to their own lives, stories and photos. Great work.

Thank you!  Sheila , Cristina  and Cassel, for the comments you each have left for me..... I was only 13 yrs old when my Dad died at 52yrs of age, I am now in my 60's and my Mum is 98. the years have past, but the happy memories live on.

Dawn.

Dawn that is a lovely page, the colours work really well - good use of sepia for the photos. Like you I have very few family photos - leaving England when I was 22 I didn't bring many with me, and most of the ones my grandmother and mother had went to my sister when they died.

So here is my idea for the word EVEN. This brings back memories of a four weeks in Tasmania over Christmas/New Year that was cold, wet and windy, but the company was great and we had a lot of fun.

The photos are from a second trip to Tasmania in 2011. The background is a photo that I applied the Ghost filter from Flaming Pear to (came with the freebies Cassel told us about) and then I lowered the opacity of the layer quite a bit as well. The boots were from some clip art I had.

Marlene, I love your page!.... very creative use of the word EVEN.   your story is great!  and  it must have really gave you all a happy start to the day.  it sure put a smile on my face just reading it.    Marlene, I also want to thank you for leaving me a nice comment on my page.  Best wishes  to you.

Dawn.

Dawn, lovely page and colors.  The way you made Even stand out is great.

Marlene such a great story.  I like how you used a picture in the back and you sure made Even stand out.

I spend lots of time in my flower garden.   We live on a farm and there is a lot of flowers.   So whenever anyone offers me help I take it cause EVEN Grammy gets help (sometimes).   I used several fall theme kits to make this page.  I really like the font.  I used Arial Black, then I used cass-ChalkTexture, with a smudge of 2, a border of 5 and texture size of 2.   Then I put a small drop shadow, Vert & Horz of 5, Opacity 80 and blur 2, on the Border layer.   It gave it a neat effect.  I put a simple off-white frame on the pictures.  I put them behind the basket to make it look like there were in the basket.  Put a small rotation on them to add a bit more effect!!  I am really trying to work on perspective shadows so I tried to put one on the garden shears.

Royanne  your page is beautifully done. your colour scheme and elements are very nice.  sharing with your granddaughter must bring great joy. Great title for your page and thank you for sharing how you got the effect for the font.  Thank you also for your comment on my page.

Dawn.

This is my take on this Word Challenge. Papers: I made the plaid paper (Cassel's tutorial); the second paper >Basic Color > Effects > Texture > Parchment. I added cass-CornerPunchesA brush and ran cass-TornEdge script.

Mats: cass-EdgeFont2 Mat02 freebie //// Ribbons: cass-RibbonFactory-May freebie and ran RicRac Basic script /// Notebook: cass-Notebook freebie //// Flowers: cass-Precious-Flower freebie //// Confetti: cass-StarConfeti Gold freebie

Hello Cristina,  Beautiful page! love everything about it. the way you have done the corner punches, your papers that you have made are a great match of colours and all blends together , the display of the photos is very lovely,.... as I said.. a beautiful page! .. your use of the word Even is  terrific..... well done!

Dawn.