July 1-2-3 Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-2-3-Challenge.jpg

Let's make things a little fun for you. Are you looking for ways to spark your creativity and still create something meaningful? This will be a new monthly challenge for you. Every month, you will be given instructions to use 1, 2 and 3 of something. Would that be more than you usually use? or less? Let's see.

Create a layout using :

1 Letter (that is not part of the title or journaling)

2 Sequin element

3 Photos

As for the other elements, you can have any number of them. You can have buttons, papers, flowers, mats, etc.

Are you up to it?

To help you out, here are some links you can use:

Sequin tutorial      Sequin freebie      Another freebie

(the tutorial is accessible to our Diamond members)

Hello Everyone, here is my contribution to this  July 1-2-3-Challenge. I used a purchased PSP Script to make the flowers and frames. Cassel's Sequin Script was used for the heart shape and single sequin elements. the 3 photos were taken at Derby in Western Australia. The letter D is from an alpha set  I have in my collection and have used it as a monogram for this page but it could also stand for Derby. The green patterned paper was made by me..    As I will be using this page as a card,  I am hoping my sister-in-law and her husband will see the D and heart shape as saying "love from Dawn".

Sheila Thank You for your kind comments on my page.. I am hoping they will like the card as it is a way to say thank you to them for giving me photos of their travels.

Cristina...Thank You for your encouraging comments on my page. I enjoy doing these challenges as they help the learning process  in PSP. It is so great we can share  this way in the Forum.

best wishes to you both,

Dawn.

After several attempts, I finally came up with something for the challenge. I created the background page with ribbons done with cass-RibbonFactory Script. I draw some lines (Pen Tool) inside the outline of the letter and created this way space for the photos. I select the outline > Effects >Texture > Sculpture.

I clipped the photos with cass-ClipToIt Script. Very helpful and saves time. The 2 sequin elements are freebies: cass-SequinWeather

Cristina, your page looks great!  a very creative idea with the C letter, it really  stands out nicely with the outline done that way. your photos remind me of a happy day at the beach.    a very cheerful page!

best wishes,

Dawn.

Thank you, Dawn. I wanted to insert the photos in the letter... I started a page with letter M, then W, but none of the layouts pleased me, so their destiny was the trash bin. :)

I consider these challenges as an exercise, as I know I still have a long way to improve my scrapping skills. :)

April I love your colors.   Christina I like your use of the letter C.  I plan to try it.

My part, I used the cloud sequine, then I used cass-Clouds to fill it.   I was not able to get my sequin picture tube to work.   So I just followed the heart manually.   My other elements came from Lliella Playground kit.  My letter "L" can be for LOVE or our granddaughter LEXI.

Thanks for the inspiration

Sheila and Royanne, thank you for your comments. :)

Royanne, your page is lovely! It begins with the cute little girl and her big smile; we smile just by looking at her. :)

I like the borders and the edge effect on the photo. It looks like cass-EdgeMagic script. I  have it but haven't used yet... It makes the photo stands out. I didn't know the cass-Clouds script. I like the effect.

It is nice to see different takes on the same subject... different colors, techniques

Three very nice but very different pages. Cristina I like the idea of using the letter C as the frame for the photos.

Here is my offering. The idea of using sequins as the elements made me think of some of the costumes from our 2007 school musical, Disco Inferno, so I found three photos of cast members backstage, used the logo background for the background page and a background from a set called On The Movies which I got from the Digital Scrapbooking place. I used the Albumin photo frame from PSP, the sequins were from a set called Remembering December from Club Digital, and the mirror ball I found on-line. It was a standing joke for many of our musicals that one scene always had to have the mirror ball in it (it belonged to one of the teachers) and this sometimes stretched our imaginations - on a couple of occasions the ball only made it's appearance in the dress rehearsal as there was no really appropriate scene for it! The D could be Disco or Devil, depending on how you feel.

Thanks Dawn. Grant High started doing musicals in 1976, at first every year but now every second year due to time constraints. I became Producer in 1987 and had that role for 17 musicals before retiring. I have lots of wonderful memories of seeing how the students developed and grew in confidence from auditions to final performance. We are also very lucky to have a first-class professional standard theatre, the Sir Robert Helpmann, which allows us to really showcase their talent.

Marlene, very nice page! I like the contrast of the background color with the colorful photos. I like also the texture/color of the letter D.

You sure have memories to tell and you know how to make a page full of good stories. I think you are great doing this... this is not my forte. ;)

Thanks Cristina, I like these challenges as they give me the incentive to make pages which I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. It is so interesting seeing what other people do, everyone has different ideas and we can learn a lot from each other, plus having lots of templates and page layouts to choose from means we can concentrate on the content, not the layout, if we are struggling for inspiration.