What did you do (in July)?

Cassel

Hi, I won a masterclass woohoo!  I've been rather busy but have already had a go - this is my first attempt at a 'watercolour' https://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/wfeb2013-photo-graphics-with-psp/ .  It ain't perfect but I have learned SO much - thanks to the brilliant instructions by Cassel of course :)    One thing I would definitely do next time is think what elements are unwanted and clone them out first (had to do it at the end, which is not the best idea, but I didn't have time to start again!).  The image is of Tenby in Wales by the way.  Think I might make a set for a calendar, and then there are birthday cards, will have fun on wet days!

Joe thank you, wish I could draw like you but my gift of skills are practical so guess we can't have it all but PSP goes along way to help achieving something much better than me and a pencil.

Solent, lovely effect and it looks pretty perfect to my eye.

Sheila x

Hello Solent, congratulations on winning a master class!  your photo turned out great and you have reminded me of how nice that effect   looks.. The result you have achieved would look great on calendars  and cards.  Well done! hope to see more of your projects.

best wishes,

Dawn.

Joe, your vector images are really good! It is nice to see different projects here, and your work with vector is definitely unique here.

Sheila, your page is lovely... the colors, textures, elements, everything match together so well. The Start Here videos and Basic Scrap Course helped me a lot to learn about scrapbooking, as I knew nothing before... I am still learning. I can recommend it.

Solent, great work! This technique will definitely look great in calendar or cards.

Hi all, thanks for the encouragement and here is mine to all of you!  btw I am also a Sheila so best to stick to Solent not to confuse ;)  that is the area of UK I live in - we are having a very unseasonal heatwave (has been over 30 several times) and dry spell, in UK summer is usually much cooler and '3 fine days and a thunderstorm'. Madly trying to pick fruit and courgettes so not much time for scrapbooking. Last time it was like this was 1976, I remember it well as the weather broke 1st week of september just after we got back from Tenby - the 1st time we visited, maybe I have a strange effect on the weather.....

I live in the Cotswolds not far from Gloucester City and Cheltenham. We have a few 'Royals' as nearby neighbours, not that we see any of them. I have some lovely countryside surrounding and rolling hills which according to the nice peeps of Cheltenham refer to my neck of the woods as donkey country to get up them hills and winding lanes. Love living here although it can be far too quiet for townies. Having said that my DIL comes from Croydon and she loves living here too and never wants to go back to London to live so we must have some virtues of country life.

Sheila x

Solent you mentioned using the watercolour technique for cards - here is one I did for my nephew-in-law back in 2013. The photo is of Dartmouth, Devon - we had been on a steam train and cruise from Paignton via Dartmouth and Totnes, and as Jonathan loves sailing I thought it would be a good photo to use.

Here is my 2nd Basic Scrap tut. Learning lots, especially getting it wrong, oh well that's what suppose to happen isn't it? This is my youngest Grand daughter who had so much fun with the water jets getting wet through but this was Florida so she dried out well before we got back to the car.

The flower is one from my garden which I extracted. the string I made following Cassels tut. The beads are Cassels directional tube. The text is Broadway Bold. The tag is a preset shape and used Cassels Script for cardboard on it. Papers are my own creations too.

TFL.

Sheila x

Sheila you page is really nice. love the effect of the string and bead tubes and you have placed them so nicely around your photo along with your flower.. .  ..  look forward to you showing us more of your projects !  Best wishes to you Sheila.

Dawn.