Travel Tale Challenge 2017

Cassel

Dawn your pages were really lovely, and I love the sentiment in your postcard. You may not be able to travel but at least you can see the places through other people's photographs.

Here are two more of my pages, I still want to do more to finish the trip and I have lots of ideas from the suggestions Cassel has given us. These two are of the first part of our trip when we spent a day in Quebec then took the train to Montreal where we had another day - not long enough but didn't have any extra time. I have used the blue colour from my map of Quebec and added the SmoothOverlay from Cassel. I made the date stamp and leather tag from the tutorials, and used a script called SimpleCaption from Corel to frame the photos. I tried to mirror the layout so the two pages could be used as a double page. The titles were made using the text cutter in PSP and one of the photos.

I have been watching with great interest even though I have not had time to join this due to doing the Basic Scrap as I knew I wouldn't be able to do both but I see you have all done some lovely layouts. It is so nice to see the beauty of other countries if only through the eyes of other peeps and their photos. Love it.

Sheila x

Very nice work and techniques posted here. In the end, this is what is important when participating in a challenge, where we have the opportunity to share our work and learn from each other.

Eileen, the end result of the sand letters came up good. I like how you blended the light house and flowers.Nice colors!

Dawn, I love your pages, your photos, everything... Even without you being there, you took us on your dream trip. I am glad you decided to participate. Lovely work!

Marlene, with you I went to Québec and Montreal... I think I would love this cable ride! Nice work!

I haven't done anything yet, but I am working on it, separating photos, choosing template etc. Like Cassel said, although officially over we can always post our work here.

Cassel, this was a great challenge, in which you gave us new ideas and great small tutorials. Thank you!

Another two pages, nearly there! I have tried to stay with the design of the other pages for continuity. The postcard and stamp was from Cassel's tutorial. I am planning two more pages to show some of the photos we took when we went across the Rockies, I still have photos from Thunder Bay and Calgary but I think they will have to wait for another time.

Cristina .. Thank you very much for your  lovely comments on my "Dream Travel" pages.

Marlene, your 4 pages are really nice , you must have had a great time in all the places you visited. I enjoyed viewing them.  Thank you for your comments on my pages...

Eileen,  your Beach in the Netherlands is very nice and I also like the blending of the lighthouse, flower and shells... a very nice effect. Thank you for your comment on my postcard page. . The postcard tutorial Cassel gave us in the email was so simple to do yet quite effective and will make a great element to use again.

Cassel.. I also want to say "Thank You"  for all the time and effort you make to arrange these great Challenges for us to do.

best wishes,

Dawn.

Eileen, when you mention that the sand letters don't work as you wanted, this tutorial is not for writing IN the sand but writing WITH sand. That might be why it differs from what you expected.

Marlene, I have a little pinch seeing your page about Montreal, as that is where I grew up. I even went to watch an Olympic event at the Stadium back in 1976 as I had gotten tickets for my birthday that year.

Sheila, you can always start this challenge later. Just keep the emails and everything will be at your fingertips.

Dawn, I think you will end up with a lovely album. I like that consistency you have throughout the pages. It makes for a great album. If you ever decide to print it, take a picture of the finished book!

Royanne, anxious to see more pages!

Beth, did you manage to make pages with those tutorials?

I would like to thank you all for participating. I am glad you enjoyed the ideas and tutorials and that you found the time to join, to make pages and to share your work. In addition, it is great to see everyone encouraging everyone else, and get inspired by others.

Continue to add pages as you finish them!

Marlene, your pages are lovely, and this was probably an unforgettable trip. The inclusion of the leather tags, date stamps, postcard etc added a nice touch to the page. These short tutorials that Cassel included in the emails are great, not only for this challenge but also for future projects.

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks, it is always nice to get good feedback. Well the two pages I mentioned before turned into FOUR! The hardest part of this challenge was sorting out, selecting and scanning the photos - using the same design made doing the actual pages very easy, particularly using the SimpleCaption script. These pages use elements from Cassel's Canada 150 kit, and the Athabasca page uses her WordEdgeCut script.

I want to thank you Cassel for setting us this challenge, I don't think I would ever have done anything with these photos otherwise and it was lovely to look back on the trip after all these years. I still have photos from the Rocky Mountaineer trip I haven't used but it will be easy to add pages if I get the chance.

I am glad to say I finally finished my page... earlier than I expected. It was fun! I am planning to do another one but using a different Marisa Lerin's template that Cassel gave us... From the short tutorials, I used the leather tag, stamp, and postcard... For the date stamp, I used the Date Stamp 5 script. 

Cristina, really lovely pages, Your postcard, tag and maps look great. I love your little car and tyre tracks- very creative. I enjoyed viewing your photos, it is wonderful to see other places... I hope you had a great time on your trip. Thanks for sharing your travels.... Best wishes to you...

Dawn.