Working with a (Wacom) pen tablet.

Marie-Claire

13 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

I also often move things with the pen without wanting to, such as a toolbar for example. That's a problem for me in particular, that it's easier to tap things with the pen that I don't really want to tap.

See if you can adjust other settings for your pen/tablet for Hover, touch, double-touch, etc. And also if your pen has a button. For me, the pen has one and clicking on it while dragging the pen on the tablet allows me to scroll on a web page or drag something. Different devices have different settings, so maybe there is something that you have not explored yet??

• Like 2

I got mine hooked up yesterday. Thought I had it set up to use the button for right clicking but when I tried to right click in PSP, it didn't work. I had to go into the Wacom table properties window. PSP showed up as a separate application and the button was not set to right click but to "erase". I changed it and played in PSP again.

My biggest issue though is that I have a dual monitor setup and the tablet is using both of them so the actual working space for one screen is very small. Just half of a table with a working space of approximately 4 x 6. I know I can change it to only use it for one screen and I may have to do that but that would defeat the purpose of trying to get away from using the mouse (although I don't think that will happen for me).

I'll just have to keep playing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I got mine hooked up yesterday. Thought I had it set up to use the button for right clicking but when I tried to right click in PSP, it didn't work. I had to go into the Wacom table properties window. PSP showed up as a separate application and the button was not set to right click but to "erase". I changed it and played in PSP again.

My biggest issue though is that I have a dual monitor setup and the tablet is using both of them so the actual working space for one screen is very small. Just half of a table with a working space of approximately 4 x 6. I know I can change it to only use it for one screen and I may have to do that but that would defeat the purpose of trying to get away from using the mouse (although I don't think that will happen for me).

I'll just have to keep playing. 

You sure deserve A for effort! I also have trouble with the two buttons on the side of the pen tool for the tablet. Doesn't always work right away for me. I keep adjusting the settings but they still act up.

• Like 1