Febuary TUT/TECH Challenge - Square corners

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is to add square corners to your photos. Most photos now, coming from a camera or smartphone don't have a border on them, so with these techniques, you can add some. And you can also be creative and add a border that is other than the traditional white.

Here is the tutorial for it.

well, in this case, I used a very light gray border - it just fit the picture so well. And I added the shadow, too.  Thanks for the tutorial Carole.

Beautiful layout Helen, Luna reminds of one of my  dogs, from a long time ago. Pip, she was a smooth coated border collie.  From a child  my parents always had working border collies, and always bitches, being sheep famers.

Another page for this challenge.   This time I used the selection tool, adjustment layer, and some effects.  Carole's  snow corner punch,  word art.  One of many snow scene photos I took last weeks.

Thank you for the kind words. Oh my goodness, how could I forget to say  something about Luna. She is a two year old border collie who is such a gentle soul. She loves to play with little Peanut, it is so cute how they play. I have tons of pictures of those two playing.

Sue, really like how you do your layouts.

This weekend the freebie from Corel was a HighKey Monochrome-blue script. Most of the time I don't like to alter my photos to much, except from brightness/contrast and removing unwanted objects. But this script invited me so to speak to give it a try. After some exprimenting with the settings, I find the result not to bad and used it for this TUT/Tech Challenge on square corners. Sue's entry reminded me of the technique to make an embossed frame and I used 2 corner punches.  The background is made of 2 papers in a matching color and the font is Bianca Romantic which has lovely swatches and was in one of the free fonts bundle for February by Creative Fabrica. The HighKey Monochrome script can be used not only with blue but with other colors too. Maybe I'll give that a try on another moment.

Lovely page Corrie, those corner punches are great to use in any project.  Having so many uses other than  the corners of a page, for instance I often use them to create a label. I'm always pleased when I read that  members take note and use some of the techniques I give instructions on.  Awesome photo, the view is spectacular, you obviously used the train to get you to the top.  What mountain range is in the background? Wales has two  mountains with trains, that take you on a scenic route to the top of the  mountains.  The Brecon Beacons, and then  the most famous one is Snowdonia.  I have done them both several times over the years. Then walking down them.

Sue thank you. Obvious it isn't in the Netherlands; it's in Switzerland and you see a part of the Alps. I took the train up, it has cogwheels because it is rather steep in some parts of the trail. It was a lovely, bright and rather chilly day but the view was phenomenal. I was there with my daughter's parents in lwas and the grandkids, so we also took the train down. Both the mountains in Wales are only names to me, but I have seen many documentaries, series where they are featured. Are you planning to go there and visit your family this year now Covid seems to allow us to travel again? I go to my daughter/grands in the States end of April, flight is booked now, so fingers crossed.