Basic Scrap Module 1

Susan Ewart

Here's my 1st module.  I started the basic course in the beginning of June (or end of May) and just finished Module 5 today.  This was a great next step for me (newbie) after the Scrapbook Bootcamp in May.  I used the alpha (Heather T) from the free download in Module one, the rest came from Pixel Scrapper from the following artist designers; Digi Dewi, Violet Irisovna, Maris Lerin and Jessica Dunn.  The photo is my own.  I didnt know how to make words follow a curve so I just put a curvy arrow in and followed that then deleted the arrow.  I think I saw I can get a script or a tutorial on letters following a curve...I will investigate that.

Here is Module 2.  Opacity is COOL!  It's neat you can do each layer.  here I only did the background layer just a wee bit.  It does make a big difference though.  And the the bound scrip..WOW, what a time saver.  And the repeat command and shadows.  so much learn about shadows.  i'm going to look for a tutorial on that.  My first staple!  papers/elements from Pixel Scrapper; Janet Kemp, June Minkus, Jessica Dunn, Janet Scott, Sheila Reid, AP, Marisa Lerin, Sonyer Stover.  The photo is mine, from my cousins garden at her farm in Saskatchewan.

Module 3.  Holding the shift key to help move objects was an ah'ha moment.  I was forever moving any other layer than the one I wanted.  I am paying more attention to what layer I am on too.  The reverse shadow is subtle but it really makes it more real looking.

Many thanks to Pixel Scrapper Artists: Janet Kemp, Rachel M Natalia, Janet Scott, AP, Sonya Stover, Jessica Dunn, Laura Reed and Melo Vrijhot.  And of course the amazing glass art of Melanie Rowe and my photo and wood work base

Module 4   took me a bit to be able to grab the guidelines.  Why?  who knows, it seems so simple now.  But I liked that I got a bit more information about using them.  One thing I forgot to mention is how much I liked the first shorter video on setting up my PSP.  I found them to be really helpful and useful.  And it taught me to go into other parts of the program I might not ever have gone.

Pixel Scrapper Artists:  Rachel Martin, Marisa Lerin, Digi Dewi, Janet Kemp, AP, and I'm sorry, I used Fire & Ice Alpha and paper, but didnt get a name who designed it.  Photo is mine.

Module 5.  This one was complex.  thank goodness I could rewind the video many (I mean MANY) times.  But so worth it.  I liked that this was a challenge.  More complex shadows.  It's as you said in the video (Cassel) about looking at other  artist pages and seeing how they manage their shadows.  A lot to be learned from other artists.  Thanks again to the Pixel Scrapper and the artists; Shelia Reid, Marisa Dunn and Violet Irisovna.  Photo is my own.  thank you Cassel, this was a really comprehensive course which builds on each Module before it.  I feel really empowered that I have completed this.

Susan, you have done a great job with all those projects. Being a newbie at the start of the Bootcamp, you progressed gradually but effectively through all those additional techniques. There is a lot to learn, and my goal was to present each new technique in a meaningful and clear way. From your comments, it looks like that was accomplished.

You are looking for more information on text on a curved path. There is a tutorial HERE.

At this point, Susan, you might be ready to join the DIAMOND membership where you will get even more tutorials (although not about complete layouts) so you can create your own papers, fasteners, frames, alphas, etc. And many more full-length classes too!

Thank you Cassel.  I'm going to try that tutorial.  I will also look into the Diamond membership.  I'm  not sure I have the budget for it.  Can I do a couple months then stop and pick it up again a few months later.  I wish i could do the yearly one but covid has decimated my hours and my pay cheques.  I really like the idea of making my own papers and elements.  thanks for the info on your PSP book at Amazon, mine is due to arrive this coming week.  I cant wait.

that's great.  Is there a difference when I actually purchase a class (that I get a downloadable video/instructions; looking at the beginner scrips class) as opposed to having a monthly membership.  I have spotty internet so I prefer to  download the copy and watch without the wifi going in and out.  If I get a monthly membership, can I still download the video and instructions as if I was purchasing the class.  Thank you for your quick reply, sorry mine wasn't so quick.

Susan, the Master Classes can all be downloaded. The shorter video tutorials (Creative Scrap and the Lab) are not set up to be downloaded but the written instructions are downloadable. Those tutorials are usually under 10 minutes.