What did you do?

Cassel

This is a tag I made using the wonderful tutorial written and shared by Cassel wherein she explained how to change the color of the alpha characters on the freebie "Baby Beads" alpha that she gave to all of us a couple of weeks ago.  The tutorial was well-written and easy to follow.  The original colors of the letters in my name were red, blue, and green, but following her instructions in the tutorial, I was able to change all of them to purple and turquoise.  Thanks to Cassel for the great information on how to do this simple little trick.

Hi Dianne ................ Thanks for your nice note.  Yes, apparently Pinterest is acting up (so what else is new?) because Cassel and some others cannot see the postings.  Personally, I can see my own as well as all others, but that's no guarantee that tomorrow (or the next day) will be as agreeable.  Considering the MEGA popularity of PINTEREST, you would think they would have a more reliable website, and better service when there is a problem.  Oh well, I don't suppose they really care what I think.  LOL.  Thanks again for your comment.

Hi Judy, I  love your choice of colours in both  pages you posted.  Very bold, makes a statement. Very nice indeed. Watched  the presentation over a cup of tea this evening, and thought I'd implement some of the  techniques used to make this page. Using all my own photos again.   (I think I'm getting the hang of this scrapbooking lark! hahaha.)  Used one of the 12 templates Cassel gave the link too.  Used the folded edge script from Cassel, and a free kit I found online.

Hi Sue ..................... What a lovely note from you, and thank you so much for your nice comments about my work.  Your work is lovely too!  I love flowers and these are all very pretty.  Your layout is different, which I like very much, something that is unique.  I hope you enjoy working with scrapbooking as much as I do.  There are endless possibilities to explore.

• 2 weeks later...

A little something for Labor Day.  I made this using Cassel's script "Word Frame Round".  This is a super script with lots of possibilities for variations.  The best thing I liked about it was that it automatically knows whether you're working on a square canvas or a rectangular one.  And if it is "rectangular, it also knows whether it is "vertical" or "horizontal".  I've had a lot of fun with this script just playing with all the different things it will do.  Here is my Labor Day tag.

P.S.  I didn't bother to put this on the Pinterest Board, as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.  Sorry.

Hi Dianne ................. Thanks for your nice comment.  I didn't even try to put it on Pinterest.  They irritate me that they can't -- or won't -- fix the problem, whatever it is.  I have no use for sloppy webmasters that don't take care of their sloppy websites ... !!!  I am of the understanding that they do "fix" it periodically, but apparently just half-a$$ because in a day or two, it is messed up again.  Grrrrr!

I know the presentation was all about perspective, but Cassel did use the mask tool. These are two which I did quite some time ago, merging two photos together using the mask tool. In the fledged Robins photo, unless you look closely you can't see where the two photos were merged together.

Judy, your gardening post is absolutely delightful! I downloaded the free flash cards, and after a little thought, I used the photo of the Mountain Blue bird I took a few days ago to use as an example of a word which I have used quite often. Along with it's meaning. Very apt I thought for the Mountain Bluebird. Cerulean.

Using Cassel's wonderful freebie "Flash Cards" as a base model, I tweaked them a bit and made these "plant/garden" themed cards.  Big THANKS to Cassel for her nice gift of the flash card set.  (Sorry about the messy spacing of the images.  I didn't do it.  The system did it and I don't know how to fix it.  Never before have I posted more than one image at a time and, obviously, I don't know the proper procedure.  Again, sorry!)

I combined Cassel's script for making a triangles background with the flashcard.  What I love about Cassel's scripts is that they are so flexible...I can happily combine patterns and gradients as well as using plain colors.  Makes it so versatile.

Here's an odd thing.  I cannot seem to load a graphic directly to Pinterest but if I upload it elsewhere, including this thread, then I can pin it to the boards.  Rather a crazy thing, isn't it?  Seems to defeat the point of Pinterest if anyone else is having the same problem.

So many creative and nice images above! As I am totally new to scrapping, is very inspiring to see somebody's else work.

Cassel, this image below I did based on your post from September 5th about Alphas. I used the free Flubber Font and a pattern from PSP.

I learn a lot with all your posts and tutorials. Thanks!

Can i ask you a "favor"?

On Friday, Sept 30th, Alex will be showcasing some submission to their #FanFriday event, and since it will be DSD this Saturday, would you mind posting some scrapbook project on their FB page?

Go to https://www.facebook.com/corelpaintshop/ and upload one scrapbook project. Then in the text, just tag #FanFriday, so he would be able to see them. Let's show others that PSP can also be used effectively for scrapbooking (and not JUST for photo editing).

Can you do that??

I submitted one. Now it is your turn!