October SONG Challenge - Shania Twain

Cassel

Song-Challenge.jpg

The SONG challenge will encourage you to use either a title of a song, a phrase or any part of the lyrics from a song from the artist/group mentioned. Those titles and lyrics can often inspire you or match our feelings of the moment.

Are you up to the challenge?

I saw a report tonight, about Shania Twain who has been a trendsetter in the country music. Although I am not particularly fond of country music, I remember her music being quite popular, 20 years ago.

What song is coming to your mind, right now?

I was sorting through some photos, and came across these two photos, the song you don't impress me much came to mind.  Keeping with the  speech bubble theme. The flower is a native wild Prairie rose. I created the label. and the torn paper.  I blended  two photos together, and framed it.  Word frame.  I'm afraid that was all I could  come up with, for now  anyway.

I'm not really familiar with much Country Music but Shania Twain is pretty classic. I looked up her list of songs and picked one that coordinated with one of my colorful fall foliage photos. The song is A Coat of Many Colors. which I think was a cover of Dolly Parton,  and the photo is where I live in the Mid-Hudson region of New York State.

I enlarged the photo by 200% as I now have PSP 2021 Ultimate and it makes quite a big difference from the free trial. The journaling is a quote about the beauty of Fall and also about the area of the photo.

I used a simple gradient background with a border using ribbon from the Frootloop kit and Cass-mitered border script.

The alphas were from the eyeinspire kit but I doctored them with a lot of color, as you can see! The birds are from a kit featuring Iceland and I tried to identify them but had no luck.

All in all, my Coat of Many Colors is quite colorful!

Edit: I see from enlarging the layout that it's hard to read the journaling at the bottom, so here's what it says:

The Shawangunk Ridge, also known as the Shawangunk Mountains or The Gunks, is a ridge of bedrock in Ulster County, Sullivan County and Orange County in the state of New York, extending from the northernmost point of New Jersey to the Catskill Mountains.

I went literal with the song ... because I still love it even though it was a hit sooooo many years ago. Whose bed have your boots been under? I used the Vector Tube script to make the large stars, comic line script to change the photos and then changed them even more with Filter Forge.

• 3 weeks later...