April SONG Challenge - Kenny

Cassel

Song-Challenge.jpg

The SONG challenge will encourage you to use either a title of a song, a phrase or any part of the lyrics from a song from the artist/group mentioned. Those titles and lyrics can often inspire you or match our feelings of the moment.

Are you up to the challenge?

On March 20th, we lost an icon in the music industry with the death of Kenny Rogers. He has a lot of songs that could inspire you, either with their title or their lyrics.

In April, get inspired by one of Kenny's songs. What will you use?

Starting out before he was country ... the years of psychedelic art and aspirations, mushrooms and unfortunately, drugs. 1967. Smash hit and long on the charts. Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. A novel sound and parent hated lyrics. It was all new back then ... and soooooo tame by today's standards. Awww ... look how young he was.

A lovely beautiful man, I was lucky enough to see he once when he came to London.  Love his music, hard to pick which one, loved Island in the stream , Lady and buy me a Rose, but Amazing Grace always made my spine tingle. But he was great at song like Lucille and Ruby along with this one The Gambler.

Job well done Minka

He made so many records and did so many shows with Dolly, nice tribute Lyn

I too was very fortunate to have met him while I was working at the Red Lobster in Athens, GA. he came in and I got to serve him and his party, he was very kind and gracious and left a great tip too!  I can't pick my favorite song of his, there are so many but I really like Lucille, because that's my late sisters' name and I used to tease her with it, but of course, I love the Gambler, Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer has to be my all-time favorite.