Bootcamp - March 2020

Cassel

Wow Lynda! You are well on your way to mastering the telephoto lens. Great photos my friend and your Tuzigoot National monument is really lovely. Admire your work Lynda and the information you provide is greatly appreciated. Not only are we learning about Paint Shop Pro and digital scrapbooking but a wealth of international information is being offered to boot. Campus it surely is! <3

Hi Liese ... to make a tablecloth you could try one of Cassel's tutorials for making plaid paper and then follow it up with one of her edge tutorials. They are fun and you should end up with a reasonable tablecloth or place-mat ... whichever you prefer. Have fun!

Hello, this is my first attempt at scrapbook - homework for day 3. Due to the corona-virus crisis I am a bit late. I am living in the Netherlands and this corona thing is a big issue overhere. So lots of television reports and phonecalls, emails, skype and facetime from family and friends. Very much appriciated but it costs a lot of time, but I'll try to catch on. We have tot stay at home anyway,  almost everything is closed down and shopping is becoming a nuisance as people are hoarding.

WOW! Everyone has such phenomenal creations! Ya'll are such an inspiration to me.

Congratulations to Carole!!! Welcome to The Grandma Club. Now you have an endless supply for scrapbooking!

I pulled together Day 5's project yesterday. Of course it is of my Grandchildren, Bella and Jimi. Jimi turned 9 on February 14 and he had a Bowling Party. That's the first time I've in a bowling alley since my son was little. It hasn't changed much but I think these modern children need bowling lessons. They were throwing the ball instead of gracefully rolling it. I don't see how the floor holds up!

Lynda, what a great trip you are inviting to!

Denise, you are doing great if you are new to scrapbooking, or PSP, your shadows are well used.

Liese, in order to make a placemat or a tablecloth, you can simply add a new layer, make a rectangular selection and fill with a color or a pattern you can find in the Materials palette, under the Patterns tab. And yes, you posted your work correctly.

Mary, this is project #1, correct? Your arrangement for the project is great. If you were to add some shadows, it would give a more 3D look. Give it a try since you must still have the .pspimage format, right?

Corrie, as a first project, it is a great start. And even if you are starting late, it is ok. You still have a whole week before the end so you will have plenty of time to catch up. And yes, with this Covid-19 situation, it is a good time to stay home, stay indoors and enjoy this new hobby.

Sharon, this is a fun story. Have you considered adding that to your project? Such stories make the whole layout even more interesting than photos alone can. And thanks for the welcome in the grandma club! :)

Watch out for the next project, #3, tomorrow.

And if you are still just lurking, come on and join. It is not too late!

Here I am again.  The paper used is my own.  I colorized the glitter to match my Mom's green blouse.

I am a minimalist in scrapbooking much of the time and it looks like it is transferring to digital as well.

And here is my project #2. I am catching up, as the Netherlands are almost in lock down since this evening. So no going out for a coffee or a meeting etc. The shops are still open but the mall is very empty without many people. Its has a strange atmospher.

You asked: what did I learn sofar and the best tip for me was to uncheck the Tabbed Documents. The shortcuts come in handy and I assume they are always the same for every thing you do in Paintshop. I am beginning to like this. Tomorrow  hopefully the next project!

Hi, Here is my project for day 6/7

have used rush ranch papers and elements except for my country's map of course.

What an unexpected fun day meeting up with friends at Oamaru on the Otago coast.  There they have a Historic Precinct with old whitestone buildings, some are retail some are like museums.  They are the Steam Punk, and penny Farthings capital of NZ.  There is also a penguin colony. So much to see.

Jackie, minimalism is definitely one style you can have. And the fun thing with digital scrapbooking, is that you can always TRY to add more and remove them if you don't like the result: no glue residue!

Lee, that is a nice background that you used! I hope you have a copy for yourself without the faces covered! For the beads, I think that a shadow with a smaller offset might look more realistic. Your current shadow seems to make the beads float a bit off the paper. For your project 3, you seem to be getting more and more comfortable with the tools!

Corrie, glad to hear about what you learned so far. I hope you are staying safe, and yes, indulge yourself in PSP'ing!

Shirley, what a fun adventure you had. Those photos are really making me smile!

Now that the weekend is over, you have another day to work on the first three projects if you have not completed them yet.

Project #3.  I used the scrapkit "The Good Life August 2019" from Pixel Scrapper.  The glitter was made following Cassel's tutorial and the fish element was made following Cassel's Stencil tutorial.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Definitely some great work showing up here.  Keep the lovely work coming my friends ... we need some comfort from the global crisis ... :(

This is my project 3 , lost count of the day, had such a shock turning on my comp. Someone had taken all my photos , the projects I was working on, the tag I have made for this bootcamp and some new kits I had just bought, plus an old photo of my mum and the tag I was making her for mothers day, Im scared to look any deeper.

These are some photo taken in 2013 in Hastings, they are of the lift from the beach level where all the fishing boats are of the lift and part of the paneramic  view you get from the top of the lift.

I chose to use various glitters for all the pages, representing the sea.  the elements are old ones from my stock, font is corseva and embassed black wide, the glimpse of the tappestry of william the conquer I found in images x

Cassel, you ask what little tidbit was picked up this time around. This is so easy that I can hardly believe I didn't figure it out sooner. When using the selection tool, sometimes multiple selections could  be made and other times I would have to hold the shift key. I couldn't understand why. Now I am aware of the Replace, add, and remove mode. Yikes, could that be any easier.  :-)  Thanks for your great tutorials and bootcamps.

Hi Finally sending this only been on it days, but I am way better than the first bootcamp, used to sweat loose sleep, have some fits lol corel road rage do it better now and I don't sweat have to walk away and retry but no fits :) getting better still stuck on other feats. or labs ect

I knew I pulled to high but it made me skinnier so I was happy.