March TUT/TECH Challenge - Stellated Shapes

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is to create a unique shape using the Stellated shape (which is part of the Symmetric Shape tool) by playing with the nodes. You can use the VectorTube script to turn that shape into something else. You can cut it out of paper. You can emboss that shape into a tag.

This might be something totally new to you, so you can check out the video from this month's Master Class, Vectors in Action. It will be available for free until it is replaced by the April class.

It is your time to have fun and explore this new tool!

And let there be light!

Carole - The class was terrific!

For this challenge, I used a 5 point star with rounded inner and outer selected, and played with it to come up with this shape.  Then I used the VectorTube script to tube beads of red swirly balls around it.  I duplicated it, resized the duplicate, moved it to the top left corner and used Effects - Simple - Top Left Mirror to get the other corners.  My background is 3 layers -- the top is pink with a texture, the next down is a royal blue with blend mode set to Luminance (L), and the layer below is white.   I applied a small drop shadow on the large shape, and a smaller one on the 4 corners.

Here my Stellated shape image. To get the shape I added a couple more nodes in different places on the drawn out shape. I used Cassels small seed beads tube and ran the Vector Tube script. I added colour into the petal segments and a Ball made with the Balls and Bubbles plugin found in Effects, Artistic effects, Balls and Bubbles. I gave it a drop shadow and placed on a background colour to show up a bit. TFL.

Sheila.