February COLOR Challenge

Cassel

Color-Challenge-Feb2020.jpg

Did you know that Sherwin-Williams promote a new color every month? Of course, they are in the paint business, so it makes sense, but at the same time, it can be a great resource for colors and color palettes, so I thought that we can use some of their suggestions to use in our projects.

This month's color is called Rose Fusion (even though it seems to be more orange than rose in my opinion).

The exact Hex code is on the preview above.

You can use this color as simply as for a solid background paper, or a title, but you can also use that as a starting point to create your own palette with matching or contrasting colors and build a whole project around that color/color palette.

What will you do?

Carole was that code their's or one you are giving us , I ask as I finally manged to get into sherwin usa last night as I thought that was there code and wanted to see the actual colour. and it came up with 2020 colour trends, you say you didnt think that it looked like a rose fusion, I agree, It couldnt be more orange.  Well I must of been more tired than I thought when the penny dropped and I realised the paint brush colour was  you telling us what colour it was. Anyway  from the 2020 trends I got this, which looks like a rose fusion.

de5111 and c7a290 or simular c5ao8e

which one do you suggest we use please, as I dont know if I was looking at the right thing as it didnt mention about promoted colour.  thank you.

I never used colour codes before, is there a book or anything on codes, thank you xx

Trish, the hex code is on the image above, which is #de5111. You can put that code at the bottom of the Materials Properties dialog window when you click on one swatch in PSP. You should see a code and a # in front. That is where you add it.

Hi Scrapbook Campus.  Here is one for the colour challenge - rose fusion ... such a bright and happy colour.  I found this photo on Unsplash by David Cohen and I knew immediately that I had to use it for this challenge.  The stitched papers and the flourish are from Pixel Scrappers.  The flower element I created from a script by Digiscrapations and the title was again created using the plugin textArt.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Oh Trish I just love your Chorus Line, definitely put a smile in my day. Thanks for your compliments Hon, always appreciated.

Dorothy thank you for your lovely comments on my work, much appreciated Hon. I do love your Music Piano Recital page, it showcases your photo to perfection. Hugs......Annie.

I made a couple of pages from Rose Fusion and the fireworks picture tube. I changed layer positions and layer transparency to get these two slightly different papers.

I also found a pdf of Sherwin Williams hex codes and made a color pallet. There are 32 pages so I probably won't be finishing with that any time soon. :-)

Hmm, I find this colour very vibrant and sure that if it were a real rose of this colour I would love it but not something I would automatically choose to use for a layout. So, I played around with it. I filled a blank canvass with the colour and used a brush with black to make a doodle. I then used -Effects-Reflection Effects-Kaleidoscope and got a pattern that would be seamless so added this to make a patterned background. Still did not grab me and thought what can I do with it and came up with this frame, working back to front as I had not decided on an photo at this point and would normally built one from image out. I used a corner tube and a pearl to accent. Overall, considering I was not in love with the original colour, I am really pleased at the outcome. TFL

Sheila.

I love the frame Sheila, it is quite beautiful, well done. Rose fusion is an unusual colour. There are roses of that colour but instead of them being called rose fusion they are called burnt orange. I browsed the internet until I found an appropriate freebie but I did end up having to search for burnt orange. Your frame really does showcase the photo beautifully and that is what the challenge is all about. You have shown great initiative. :)