Love Story Challenge 2020

Cassel

Nice to make your own background paper with simular colours as the photo used!

Cassel thanks for showing how to adjust the space between the lines.

This is our granddoughter (with great love) at the age of 15 months ... a couple of years ago.

Let me introduce you to Tomi!  He's still going strong.  I was given his mother just before she gave birth to  a litter. Tomi being one of the kittens.  She was jet black in colour, 4 of the kittens were  tabby, and then there was Tomi.  She became  pregnant again, so I gave her to a neighbour. I kept  Tomi and  one of his sisters, she went off and didn't come back 4 yrs ago. Tomi is strictly an outdoor cat.  He behaves more like a dog, comes when he's called, and constantly talks to me.   I used the kaleidoscope pattern in the frame .  I wasn't quite happy with the colour of it, so used  the colourize tool.  The background paper  was created using an overlay.

Thank you for the very  kind comments on my projects, they are very much appreciated.  I'm really impressed with the high standard of work put into the  pages posted.  Not only are they  unique and very personal to the creator, they are also of great inspiration to us all, whether  you are a regular here or a newbie.

Peggy - Beautiful colors and a lovely picture!

Trish - I agree about the Hydrangeas -- they are beautiful and bring back such wonderful memories!

Minka - Great job with the turtles and fish!  I like the colors and quote you chose.  Your day 2 image of the seashore is gorgeous.  You're right about getting away from it a bit -- always helps me!  Well done with your day 3 Tweet Tweet, too - great photos!

Lynn - Love the outdoors images you captured, and such truth to the words!

Annie - Beautiful love image!  And such a nice effect with the faded image!  Great caption -- fits it perfectly!

Shirley - Great photos of the hen and her "chicks"!  Your decorations work well with it.  Your Day 2 anniversary image is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to the love of your life.  Well done!

Jnet - Another beauty!  Very nice!

Lydia - Such a cutie in your picture!  You did her proud!

Sue - Nice job on Tomi!

My Day 3.  This Killdeer was one of several walking around our yard.  I played around with lots of colors, patterns, textures and effects/plugins to get the background for this. I made my own mask and frame, and chose bevel # 6 for the border. The font I used is Qwerty Ability.

Here is my day 3 post.  In keeping with the Niagara Falls theme it is a picture of the falls from our restaurant at night.  The Kaleidoscope was created from part of a picture of all of us on the boat (earlier in the day) with our red raincoats on.  It's a little busy, but it shows the kaleidoscope effect so I'm keeping it for now.

Now I'll try to create the plaid pattern from yesterday (day 2).

Sue Thomas:  thanks so much for your very detailed description of techniques you used.  I really appreciate it.

Lynda:  Though you wouldn't know it from my scrapbook pages, my main interest in photography is photographing birds.  The lens I've used most is one that zooms to 250mm, but I wanted to be able to get more detailed shots and I have a limited budget.  I ended up getting a bridge camera (Canon PowerShot SX60HS) which zooms to forever.  I'm so happy with it.  I'm able to get really good close-up shots of birds that I couldn't get with my regular zoom lens.

here is my page 3.

This page was inspired by Annie,  your tag reminded me of a jester pattern, then this page Carole labeled Joker, and we are nearly at mardi Gras.  Cause here in UK Mardi Gras is Shrove Tuesday to us, so this should be a picture of pancakes.

Picture i have had for a couple  of years, the back ground paper I used and swirl effect, beads also from my stock  as is the face mask. Mask was was pixel scrappers . x

Day 3 project.  I'm so happy to know how to use a mask like this.  I have tried uploading them to PSP and using them with the "load/save mask" option under layers, but many of those masks, if loaded at their original size, load in the upper left-hand corner of the page which is a pain.

Cassel:  Yes, the "select none" option was what I needed.  Quite honestly, I don't find using the shortcut methods any easier to use than what you refer to as the long way, maybe because I don't have to remember anything.  All I have to do is look at my choices and select.  Who knows?

I put a small drop shadow under three of the elements on this page.

I still fumble repeatedly even with written directions  and watching the lesson repeatedly but it is coming along slowly

this time I just used one of my old papers and one from a kit that was use din the basic course. it looked kind of flat so I came up with a way to  fake having a drop shadow on the mask.

Sue, you have created a delightful page for Tomi. I like that you used the kaleidoscope pattern for the frame. I am yet to try it but I have never been happy with anything I have created using the kaleidoscope or pattern tool in psp. Anyways, well done my friend and again your photography is faultless. <3

Annie, thank you very much for your very kind comment on  the Tomi page.  As for the kaleidoscope tool, I must admit, it's not  a favourite tool of mine.  I use the random, in the hope that  I get a pattern that I will like.  If I like the pattern, the colour will be not to my liking, which is what happened with this  one, hence using the colourize tool, to  get the desired colour, to go with the page.  I really reduced the size of the pattern though.  You  create  fabulous pages, although I'm not a scrapbooker, I commend you on your subject to detail, from co ordinating  colours, to precise shadowing.  Well done my dear friend!