Love Story Challenge 2020

Cassel

Thank you Carole, for the complimentary  comments on my pages.  They make me strive to be more creative, in creating unique effects, like the frames.  As for the masks in day seven  I created the oval one,  for the word butterfly, I would reduce the opacity and hardness,  as I  brush outwards then merge visible.  Thought I'd try something different, and it  worked. The main mask, I used a water colour brush, the text isn't mine. I did  something simillar to what I described in the native sparrow.   Placed it under the brush mask after merged group

I used the exact same sizes, so they match perfectly.

Thank you Carole, for the complimentary  comments on my pages.  They make me strive to be more creative, in creating unique effects, like the frames.  As for the masks in day seven  I created the oval one,  for the word butterfly, I would reduce the opacity and hardness,  as I  brush outwards then merge group. Thought I'd try something different, and it  worked. The main mask, I used a water colour brush, the text isn't mine. I did  something simillar to what I described in the native sparrow.   Placed it under the brush mask after merged group. I changed the text white, and put a black background, making it a mask.

I used the exact size photo so they match perfectly.  I added a blinds texture to the oval mask after merging.  I also used the brush, white, low opacity to remove some of the text.

Finally got there, I use the pattern from myy letter  challenge to make the paper instead of polka dots, photo is mine, my husband and granddaughter, thte heart are elements I had and the text was refreshment Stand.

Everyone work has been so amazing, congratulations everyone for a job well done xx

A big thank you to Carole for setting this challenge, and for all her constructive comments, well appreciated. we all I am sure look forward to the next.  xx

Carole, j'ai mal lu pour la page 5, tu parlais de mon texte et j'ai pensé à mon fondu sous la photo.  C'est un texte sur les hibiscus que j'ai copié/collé - dupliqué 4 fois et je l'ai placé sous ma photo.  J'ai utilisé l'efface pour pâlir quelques zones

Merci à chacune pour les commentaires sur mes pages

I'm running behind but here is Day 5 which proved to be a challenge. I was unable to replicate the snowflake effect in Cassel's example. I have submitted a copy in hopes someone may be able to guide me out of my mess.

Rather than ditch the snowflakes entirely, I used them to create the polka dot effect in the video.

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and help. This has been a very positive experience.

This is my great-nephew who turned two a few days before Christmas tree shopping.

Nice work Gerry, I can't see anything wrong with your snow flakes.  Other than the white ones perhaps.   You should have used the  colour black,  as black will block, and you'll get the background paper showing through.  As you used the  colour white  to preserve the image of your great nephew.  Don't panic,  we've all been confused by masks at some time or other, and  no doubt will do in the future. Persevere, as masks create really cool effects.

I'm catching up today. Exploring the Bokeh effect was interesting.  I went through many iterations before realizing that I was obsessing on the background, which is only one layer (pun intended), at the expense of the final product.

Sue: Thank you for the thoughts on my snowflake mask dilemma. I reviewed creating masks in general and will double back on that. It is a useful technique.

These are 4/5 of my great-nieces and nephews at Thanksgiving. They are a very close bunch.

Here is the Day 7 project. After putting together the basic layout, I felt the wire font wouldn't give me the effect I wanted for this picture. I will use it another time.

This is my oldest great-nephew in 2008.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this challenge. It has inspired me to explore Paintshop Pro beyond the basic manipulation of photos for websites. Scrapbooking has taught me a lot.