January Theme Challenge – CELEBRATIONS

Cassel

Theme-Celebrations-300x300.jpg

Although the New Year is often a time to celebrate, there are many other events that mean getting together with friends or relatives, have a party and enjoy ourselves. What particular event have you celebrated in the past?

Create a page for that special event. If you have a photo (or more) it is great. If you don't have any, you can still tell the story.

Let's go!

Hi Scrapbook Campers.  This was a celebration for my sister's twin daughters, Katie and Brenna, who had turned 21. Picture was taken a few years ago, 2015.     Background paper was my own creation.  The tulle was created following a Cassel tutorial as was the slip in photo look and the name arrows.  The rest were elements from Pixel Scrapper which I tweaked here and there.  Thanks for takin a peek!

i AM CELEBRATING FINISHING lAB 10-1 IN ONE GO FOR A CHANGE

Nice work Bram, like what you did with the letters.

Annie, can I come to your party this time.

had a job with vector as per usual, but did it my way in the end, had a job finding the right background on this one, nothing seemed to match it, so hope it isnt too dark for you to take ( in Annies words) a peek x

if I missed anyone, happy new year xxx

Trish, your Time for Peace page is beautiful and reflects a genuine call for peace in this world of turmoil. Your purple lace is lovely and reminds me of that pineapple crochet pattern that we used to follow years ago, well done Hon.

Cristina, thank you very much for your delightful comment, always appreciated Hon. The tulle tutorial is on the Classes - Intermediate - Creative Scrap page under the Ribbons and Bows heading ... believe me, it is super easy!

You are welcome Trish! This is the pineapple pattern doily I crocheted many, many years ago! This photo is off the web not the actual doily I crocheted as it is long gone but it is the exact same pattern. I don't think the arthritic fingers would allow me to do it again, LOL!

Bonnie looks like you had a fun time that Christmas,  a great lay out.

my psp2020 is driving me nuts, it keeps stopping on me, it crash during making this  closed down all the layers before I could save it , then wouldnt let me back on, everything else I had open was working, the mouse was wondering freely, but it wouldnt touch PSP , so frustrated with it.  latest is everytime I chose a layer, and klk thinking its doing what ever, its jumped to another layer and I I have to undo it. Anyone else having this problem xx

This is for an Anniversary x

That post started out as a play around for what looks like  splash mark, I duplicated them and re coloured them  added a mask and various elements.   The splash marks came from my printer, it was an accident, I was scanning but press the button to early so nothing was there to scan and this is what came out, save as a png and it become this interesting splash , has anyone tried this.

Annie: You really tweaked those twins on their coming of age birthday Great Job :)

Bram: What a darling kitty. I  love the markings that sweetie has  and you showed them off perfectly.

Trish: Amazing colors. I love it. I hope you get your psp prob fixed real soon too.

Doilies:  I love using tnem year round. I luckily inherited those made by my great-grandmother thru those of my aunties and Mother. Annie might know of the snowflake ones I put out at Christmas too.

Bonnie: What a great idea!  I am going to use that idea to sort out the boxes of christmas photos collected at work and at home through the years.

You All:  Totally astonish me with your great ideas. Thanks a million!!!

MY Attempt -an old tutorial

Beautiful work on the anniversary page Trish, very elegant. Sorry to hear of your problems with psp2020. It must be some type of a bug. I have the program and it is working fine for me. Maybe a reinstall might work do the trick although I know how tedious that can be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! <3