September challenge - Pick an idea

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Pick-an-idea-Challenge.jpg

When creating graphics projects, we are always inspired by things we see, whether it is in the same area, or from totally different sources.

In this challenge, I will be posting one graphics project and you get to pick an idea from it and create your own. In the scrapbooking world, some people will use this type of inspiration and try to replicate a project, as closely as possible. That is ok if that is what you want, but I prefer to offer you an array of options where you can pick at least ONE idea and run with it. Is it a color combination? Is it a particular element? Is it a special effect you want to try? Is it an arrangement that you never thought of? It does not matter.

Here is your inspiration:

challenge3-600.jpg

And once you post your project, tell us what particular element inspired you that you incorporated into yours.

I guess I already had Lemon and Limes on my mind as I have a batch in the kitchen just waiting to be made into a jug of lemon and lime juice.  I picked up on the metal textures it looked like a food place and the Lime and Yellow in the background, so it was a no brainer, it just had to be xx  hope you enjoy xx

Thank you Annie and Christina.

Christina you made me look twice, it is COOl not COOK xx

the colours in the logo stood out to me and reminded me of a William Morris fabric design I have. So this is a tribute to  him and all the wonderful patterns he made and how by changing the colourways, are still modern today,  he was a master in repeat patterns.

Trish, and you also made me check what I've written. It was a typo, and I never noticed it! The word cook wouldn't make any sense in a pitcher, right? :D

You made another lovely layout. I didn't know anything about Williams Morris, but now, after reading online, I have to say he created beautiful designs.

Ha ha, I knew you had, just teasing you, I make to many mistakes on here myself.x

Glad you liked William, I made some of his designs into background papers, it was sacralidge of such beautiful work, There are some lovely pastile ones, I am thinking of for my bedroom, but they start at £80 a roll, they are hand made. there is as u tube of the making of his papers if you are interested.

Looking at the olympic rings and the fire for the relay, I found 'ring of fire, playing thru my head, hence this one and the lovely Johnny Cash , such a gentleman, I had a chance to meet him on one of their performances in London at the Royal Albert Hall.

Aaargh! I had just completed a huge blurb regards this double page ... needed to edit the upload ... re-uploaded which must have clashed with Michele's post and I lost the lot. Gunna sulk now and just post the page ... not up to flappin off at the gums/keyboard again, LOL! Thanks for takin a peek!

Great inspirations.   I was inspired by the Olympic Rings.   Annually we have a birthday party the theme for the 2014 birthday party was the Olympic Games.   My sister's family represented Germans, my borther's family represented Scots and our family represented Ukrainians.    I used Flag World_flags_Mockup which was free.  I looked on their web site and could not find it but they have a variety of flags in layed format.    I picked a flamboyant background page picking the colors of the countries.   I drew the rings added a small bevel and shadow.   We picked leaders of our teams, we had a great time.   I will post a few more of our Olympic Birthday Games.

I was inspired by the way the photos were held in place by the cuts in the cardboard.  I decided to go with that and attempted to use the adjust brightness contrast tool to deliver some depth.  I'm not totally pleased with the result but it didn't turn out too badly ... lots of room for improvement!  Thanks for takin a peek!

I was inspired by the Olympic Rings, as mentioned previously that was the theme for one of our annual birthday parties.   My sister hosted it and placed the Olympic Rings at the front of her driveway where we took pictures.   My brothers family represented the "Scotts"  I made the plaid pattern with Cass-plaid script, added a simple paper frame, found the crest on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...