September Theme Challenge - UNDERWATER

Cassel

Theme-Underwater-300x300.jpg

Do you enjoy water activities? How about UNDERwater activities? And if you don't go, yourself, underwater, you might actually see what is underwater in a public aquarium. Do you have pictures of that? Remember that you don't always need a photo to make a scrapbook page as stories can also be told and shared.

Let's go!

Trish, I love your layouts, and Carole's underwater alpha is lovely.

As Annie said, the "Freedom Lost" page says it all. It hurts to see not only the orcas but also other animals kept in such a small environment and obliged to perform every so often for our entertainment.

(I made this image for a friend years ago and the pictures above reminded me.)

If you think that's a small environment, take a close look at the yellow sub in this fish tank. That's a squirrel peeking out of the first porthole!

Bram, that is great. A single photo can always be a nice focus of a project. That is your own photo?

Scott, I hope the squirrel was added with PSP and not really in the sub!

Trish, I love how you got the fish to swim through the alphabet. Great effect.

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  Well I have my computer back and that is a big relief.  I am now finding that PSP 17 is lagging big time when I work on full size pages ... it never used to ... so whatever happened to my computer has had an impact on that program.  I have sorted all my files as per Cassel's tutorials ... courtesy of Cristina ... just in case I have another issue.  I am seriously considering a move to PSP 2020 within the next month or two.

Anyway, all that aside ... I did manage to create this one for the underwater theme challenge.  The background paper was created by using Cassel's script Gradient Creator (another photo for the colors) and then following the Lab 9 Module 9 Circle Text Paper tutorial.  Alpha courtesy of Cassel, thank you!  All elements I used to create the cluster came out of a kit from SaviByDesign titled "Ocean".  Thanks for takin a peek!

One more today for this challenge.  I love this photo by Pahala Basuki from Unsplash.  The light is coming from the top left.  Where it touches the water it has a slight opaque quality.  The shadow of the canoe is darker with a similar opacity but right up close to the boat it is crystal clear.  I'd be willing to bet that the water on the other side of the boat would be hard to see through unless you shaded your eyes!  Thanks for takin a peek!

Scott, nice photo. What a fun idea to add a squirrel in the sub!

Bram, your daughter's photos are great, and also a very nice "a day at the beach" layout. I think it is unanimous, Carole's alpha is beautiful!

Annie, I am glad that you have your computer back, but it is bad that you are still having issues with PSP. :(  ... Have you tried to reinstall other versions? This way, you would be sure that it is only a version issue before purchasing PSP2020... About your resources, it would also be useful if you have them backed up on an external hard drive or in the clouds. Better safe than sorry :)

Your layouts are great. You are so creative!

Thanks dear Cristina, your comments are always appreciated my friend. Yes, I did reinstall 18 and 19 but they wouldn't install properly. Some of the options drop down tabs did not have half the choices they should have offered. Obviously something went awry. I have got an external drive which I have never used so I shall take you good advice and put it into action. ;D

Lovely work, great ideas!!!!   I do not have an "underwater" shot.   But my granddaughter was little mermaid for Halloween.   I tried to make it look like she was sleeping underwater water added a blue layer, above the picture,  with a low opacity to give the picture a blue tinge.   I used Cass mask maker to create a mask for her body.   I had some Little Mermaid clip art.    I used a water paper and added some sand on the bottom with a few bubbles.   I followed Cass text to path on an oval around Lexi.   Added drop shadows per Cass's guide.  I set them up as defaults what a time saver.  Overall I was pleased I think I got the effects I was looking for.