Scrap Bootcamp - July 2019

Cassel

Linda, this behavior is a sort of an "annoyance" (not really a bug, even if it can be bugging us). It happens because your text is inside a selection and when you resize a canvas, a selection would not resize along with it if you had it, so this text is kind of behaving the same way as it is stuck at the location of the initial selection which is kept in the memory of the image. Converting to a raster will do the trick, but make sure you keep a vector copy at full size anyways, just in case you need to come back to it for any change in the future.

Wanda, as it is an "exercise", the idea is mostly to use the different techniques. If you use them while you re-arrange the elements on your page, it is ok. As long as you practice the same thing, everything is fine. On the other hand, if you want to CHALLENGE yourself to do something that is different or uncomfortable for you, it is fine too! There are many ways to learn.

Jerri, you are catching up nicely! On your America layout, if you want to keep realism intact, you might want to consider placing the curly ribbon on top of the photo instead of underneath.

Rhonda, the disappearing text is something known (and annoying) and happens only when you use the Text wrapping. In order to avoid it, you can either duplicate the text layer and convert it to a raster before resizing OR you can make a duplicate of your image, flatten it and then resize (leaving the original intact). As for the shadows, don't worry; it seems to be a learning curve for everyone so you are in good company. And as far as making basic pages, that is totally fine. Simple layouts can be just as effective as complicated one and it is easier to apply new skills to something simple than getting lost in a ton of stuff on a page.

Linda J, of course, we always learn by mistake. At least we remember more once we make a mistake once (or more than once!). Did you end up getting the video to play all the way through?

Susan, I don't find your outdoor layout "too busy". In fact, I find it suits perfectly the outdoors as there will be lots of things outside, trees, paths, rivers, etc.

Linda, when creating a layout, choosing photos is usually taking half the time of the whole project!

Linda, in your layout Namesakes, have a peek at the leaves on the bottom left. Notice the edges of the leaves: the dark edges are facing up while the light edges are facing down. This is inconsistent with the shadows you added everywhere else on your layout. That particular element would probably need to be flipped upside down, if you can find a way to incorporate it in the existing arrangement.

Edie, you have very nice flowers!

Cristina, do I see that the shadow on the starfish is a bit large than the one on the frame? That is a great little detail to think of.

Patti, you really caught up very well with those three layouts.

Jerri, it looks like you might have squished someone on your photos. You have to be very careful when resizing an image to NEVER resize up/down or left/right, but always with a corner handle while the Pick tool is set to Scale. If needed, you have to crop the photo but never try to fit it in. And yes, you are posting in the right place.

Carole, yes, the starfish shadow is larger than the frame one. Everything I know about shadows I've learned from you in the last few years, and I still have a lot more to learn. I added shadow presets to the PSP based on your tutorials, like paper shadow, reverse, flower, button, and so on.

Bonjour Carole,

J'aimerais changer la configuration de ma palette Styles et textures comme ce que j'avais dans les anciennes versions psp, j'aime changer les couleurs et je n'y arrive pas avec pspX8

Il me semble que tu m'as déjà dit comment faire mais je ne sais plus...

Merci de ton aide