Scrap Bootcamp - July 2019

Cassel

I had a lot of bumps in the road on my Day 5 project.  My photo choice was one problem.  The three photos that I chose were more wide than tall.  I'll know better next time.  Had a hard time picking colors too, although I think the final choice is okay.   Hopefully Day 6 will be a bit easier for me.

Hi Everyone,

I am enjoying seeing everybody's layouts.

As I am doing this challenge for the third time, I have the advantage of knowing beforehand how the layout will be. That's why I have already finished mine. I am still using the same "Seaside Holiday" Kit by Kim Broedelet. Fonts: BauhausC Medium and Beauty and Love Script.

I used Cassel's DateStamp5 Script.

Day 5.  Jennifer is my Niece.  Copied the signs from the advertising for Buck Owens Crystal Palace.  The sign is the entry sign going into Bakersfield that goes across the street.  I made the papers and blended the photo of The Buck Fever house band that she is a member of.  I used Carole's tutorial for making the glitter paper behind the pictures

Rose Garden, Learned several new things today which will come in very handy.  Sorry this page is so basic... I have a computer that doesn't like my PSP programs to much so it works very slowly and freezes up at times.  So have to keep things simple until I get a new computer someday.   Thank you so much for the tutorial.

Ronda since you have an older computer I would recommend at least for exercise purposes that you use a smaller size for the project for example 1800 p or 900 for the image and 150 or even the default 72  instead of 300 ppi.  Also I have found with having my paintings printing at 150 ppi has worked very well for both my regular inkjet and for my commercial printer (Fine Art America and a local printing company), this  may make this more fun for you. The skills you learn are the same not matter the size you are working in.

Your page is  lovely.

Day 7, Bootcamp.  "The Farrar Sea"... in memory of my Father's work building large crabber ships that could handle the rough water's of the bearing sea off the coast of Alaska.  I enjoyed the tutorial, always learning something every day, but did forgot to make the shadow larger on the big crab at the bottom.  I will have to go back and delete him, then replace him back with the proper shadow later and re-save.  Thank you for the great tutorials.

Caught in Alaska... In memory of my Dad who constructed the ship 'Farrar Sea'.

Enjoyed learning to use papers for the text.  I am still forgetting things on my drop shadows (like making the crab's shadow much bigger), but I can go back and delete him and replace him with proper drop shadow later thankfully.

Sorry for duplicate. I noticed my written text dissappeared when I sent it the first time.  If I tried to make the 600x600 size from the psp file, it would dissappear.  But if I resized from the first jpg I saved, then it wouldn't.  I seen the mistake before I could hit cancel on the first send.  AGain sorry for duplicate.

Day 6.  I snapped a photo of the little bee from a book my friend had.  I had intended to remove the background and just use the bee graphic but I did not have the patience to do that today.    I still struggle with trying to use someone's layout and am trying to force myself to get use to doing it.  So far I have not succeeded.  My style is to take a photo and get my inspiration from it and create things on my own.    I do know that the layouts are only a guide and I do not have to use them but I just need to learn to do it for myself and have the outcome be something I like.  It is kind of a ME challenge.  LOL

I learned something new for PSP today and that doesn't happy very often anymore.  I had never copied text from Notepad++ into a selection.  This worked very well until I resized my image to 600 X 600.  The text disappeared!  I located it way below the image.  When I moved it back over my image, it was still at the original size.  I tried resizing just that layer and it would not resize the text.  Couldn't resize with the pick tool either.  I converted the text to raster and that did work.

Thanks for the bootcamp, Cassel.  It has been a busy, but fun, week.  Here's my last project.