Scrap Bootcamp - July 2019

Cassel

Are we going to get more sandwiches? It seems like many participants will go hungry this time around!

Have fun with it and show us your lunch! You will need energy before starting the "real work" today!

Eileen, are you getting an error when you upload? Points to consider;

you cannot upload a .pspimage file. If you want to show your work, you have to save it in a .jpg format

you need to resize the image; if you try to upload a very large image, it won't like it. Resize it to 600 pixels for better results

are you cliking the Upload images button at the bottom of the box when you write your post?

Rhonda, are you placing the shadows on the bottom left on purpose? Just a curiosity question. Your shadows are all consistent, which is what is required. It is just less common to have it on the bottom left, as we tend to use the bottom right. But as long as you are consistent, it would be great. May I suggest that you either resize or arrange your title so it does not go on top of the paper? The paper has a shadow (perfect) but then, the title does not and if it is "printed" on the paper, it could not go on top of that paper. Just a little detail.

Patti, I guess you don't need a saucer if it is a cup of coffee! :)

Yes, I put the shadows off to the left because my photo shows the sun coming from the right.  I wanted it to look kind of like the shadows were falling from the direction of the sun.  I did have a shadow under my title for awhile but then you mentioned not needing shadows under text so I removed it.  LOL  I can certainly put it back as I really did like it better with the shadow.  I can play with moving it as well so that it doesn't cover the band, I just thought it looked more balanced...however it did take away from the last few letters being as noticeable.

Rhonda, I am glad to hear that it was all thought out. Shadowing is often challenging since it is the kind of details we normally don't notice until we have to add it. You typically don't need the montage shadow to match the one IN a picture because the picture will always be perceived as a "printed version" in a paper format. Otherwise, you migt get stuck if you ever have 2 photos with different shadows.

As for the text, if it is considered to be cut out from paper, then it will have a thickness, therefore a shadow. If it is printed, then no shadow is needed.

Patti, that is such a fun title!!! May I suggest one tweak on your layout? One heart (which is supposed to be thin) is overlapping the flower (which is supposed to be thick). It would not make much sense if you had those in tangible format, so if you would move the heart from the overlapping position to a different location (or stuck under the flower) it would look more consistent. :)

Great work!

It is my third time participating in this challenge, and every time I learn a little bit more.

Background: PSP realistic grass tube. I made the placemat following Cassel's tutorial - Creative Scrap>Paper>Gingham pattern. I added a lace edge to the placemat (Cassel's tutorial Creative Scrap>Edge>Lace Edge) and also added Cassel's bead art ladybug freebie (Beads Art Script).

Cristina, I guess a ladybug is better than ants!!!

Wanda, the red dishes and silverware really stand out well on that checkerboard placemat!

Susan, is that you in the picture? If the child is you, we are pretty much the same age! If you look at the shadows, they seem to be a little wide, which makes the elements (and mostly the string) look like they are off the page, like they are floating. Don't worry, those darn shadows are always challenging!

Linda, congratulation on your first scrapbook page! How does it feel? :)