DIAMOND Scrap Challenge - April 2019

Cassel

DIAMONDScrap-500.jpg

Our newest challenge will soon start. Are you in?

This will challenge you to create a single scrapbook project FROM SCRATCH using 7 tutorials from our vault?

The challenge will start on April 14th, so there is plenty of time for you to find your photos and invite friends to join.

And this challenge will be FREE for everyone, so spread the word.

Did you find this thread before the registration page? Here it is.

I went all swirly with this one - hope it is OK but tried and tried and  hopeless with  pen and nodes with 74 yo fingers so tries preset shape of arrow and went from them to distort etc.   With pattern went to 25 scale. If not allowed to do that sorry please advise.  Marie

Marie, that is interesting too. For the drawings with the pen tool, I am not actually drawing with it, but make straight lines and then play with the nodes. Otherwise, I would not be able to match the edges to make the tile seamless. Try with drawing straight lines instead of freehands and then, add nodes and play with them.

Hi everyone,

I have seen some beautiful papers so far. Great jobs! Here is mine. I can't draw worth beans and nodes are like little alien creatures, so I used my brush with a mandala style. My pics are of little girls, so I think this will work.

Thanks for the feedback Cassel - have had another try at drawing lines with a big grid at the back to guide me.   Am happy with that but not so much with the finished product but all the others were even worse.   Think psychedelically wallpapers.    Thanks Marie

Marie, make sure that you are using guides and they help you align the top and bottom lines. That way, it would make the tile seamless.

Sharon and Marie, did you try to reduce the scale of the tile? Sometimes, it can yield a very different result when you have it smaller.

Carol, I did reduce the size some. I don't think it was near enough though. I'm going to watch the tutorial again and have another go at drawing. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I can see the large ones better LOL! Thank you for the help. I'm learning so much!