February Theme Challenge - BOOKS

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Theme-Books.jpg

Did you set a New Year resolution to read more books? Did you get or give books as Christmas presents? Are you a bookworm? Do you have an extensive library of books (paper or digital)?

Create a layout about your reading adventures or someone else's.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Scrapbook Campers.  I am an avid book reader and for this one decided to use the scanned cover of one of my favourite novels as the main "photo".  I used a layout template by Marisa Lerin and the background paper was from PixelScrapper.  I created the elements from my own papers as I went along to suit both the template and the book cover colours.  Thanks for takin a peek.

This is a combination of Theme of the Month and Masterclass - there was a question during the masterclass about putting something IN the gem and this reminded me of the second book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - Dragonfly in Amber. So I followed the instructions to get the amber gem, and put a clip art picture of a dragonfly I had in between a couple of the layers, played around with layer styles until I found something I liked. The outside of the amber was made using the sculpture effect.

The tartan is Fraser tartan from online, as well as the Fraser logo. I added a blue layer underneath the background one and used the exclusion style to get the nice blue. Like Annie I was able to scan my copy of the book. The picture behind the book was made using Sinedots II plugin from Dragonfly and the preset is actually called Dragonfly as well, nifty eh?

Micfin I love your cover, you did a really good job of making it look like a Mills & Boon romance novel. Jnet I am having great fun trying to remember my schoolgirl French reading your postings.

Hi again Scrapbook Campers.  Another book I dearly love is "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.  Again I used the cover as a "photo".  The layout is from a template I put together after viewing some sketches by Rochelle Spears.  The photo of the Arthurian sword is by Ricardo Cruz from Unsplash.  The brown silk flower is by BCS and the Arthurian banner was made by myself (with a lot of help from Cassel's tut).  All papers used are my own creation ... ditto the bracketed comment.

Marlene, isn't it fun when you can combine two current techniques for one cohesive page? You did a great job.

Annie, you were very successful in giving your layout a wonderful Arthurian feel. The banner is awesome!

Thanks so much for your kind words, ladies. It's amazing what you can do when you have a deadline. Then there are the many nights where I just say, "Good enough. It will only be on view for one day." <3 :) <3

~ Michele

I was going to tell the story of how I came to be an avid reader, then decided to make a page about it instead! The kit I used was Grandmother's Reading Room from Studio Manu, and the photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash - The Lord of the Rings is one of my all time favourite series of books. The bookplate font was DSP Tiffany A from Digital Scrapbooking place and I decided to use my maiden name, the other font is Rochester.

Hello again Scrapbook Campers.  Put this layout together after perusing some made by noreimereason (borrowing ideas)!  Papers used are from PixelScrappers and were created by different designers there.  Photo is by Zohre Nemati from Unsplash.  The cluster element was in my tubes folder and just has a string of numbers to identify it.  I used Cassel's Squiggles script for the frame.  Thanks for takin a peek.

Very nice layouts, ladies!

Annie, like you, I love to read in bed as during the day I don't have the time... I usually read two books at a time, and which one I am going to read on a specific day depends on how I am feeling... There are days that all I want is a light reading book. :)

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  Here is another for the theme challenge "books".  The photo I used is by picsea from Unsplash.  The mask was not my creation this time, it is one of many beautiful paper masks from PixelScrapper.  The papers are my own creation from SC paper tuts.  The nine paper filled elements at the bottom were generated from Cassel's script - ClusterTemplateMaker2 and the title was made using the tut "punched" from Intermediate - Creative Scrap - Paper Use.  Layout kind of fell together, :)  Thanks for takin a peek.