What are you working on (in February)?

Cassel

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in February, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

Show us greeting cards, or other holiday projects, while you are at it!

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  I purchased a template by C Schneider from Sweet Shoppe Designs and have been itching to use it.  The photo is from Unsplash by Gabor Vereb and is so sweet.  Scrapkit used is by Marisa Lerin of Pixel Scrapper and is a real delight - Chinese New Year.  I also used a couple of clipart elements that I had purchased from Corel.  It was a lot of work but I am reasonably pleased with the end result.

This is the layout I made to practice the lessons from the Lab 9 Module 01 (Cutout Ribbon - Tied String - Cubic Pattern).

I used a free kit from DiHiller "Winter Fun Fan Freebie"... The mask I used on the photo was downloaded a looong time ago and the file didn't have the name of the designer.

Font: Violeta

Annie, that must have taken you forever! I love how you melded all the different kits together. So nicely colorful...how appropriate for a celebration. And those baby pigs are just adorable.

Cristina, I love your layout. Everything came together beautifully. Your photo is really the star.

I'm a bit obsessed with Cassel's Slashes and Colors template at the moment. For this, I layered the "slashed" pic over an unedited copy of the pic. On the slashed layer, I added a bevel and a drop shadow. For the background, I used a brick texture on a solid color layer. Then I tried something I don't think I've done before. For the frame, I opened a new raster layer, used the selection tool to create a long rectangular shape, added a cutout, then repeated for the various edges. Since the cutouts are transparent, I erased the ends of a couple of them where they were overlapping so it would look like the vertical ones were laying on top of the horizontal ones. Does that make sense? I made use of the Setting Fires font Carol posted on the blog for this month's Book theme.

Any constructive criticism is always welcome. I sometimes go the long way around to get a desired effect. :)

~ Michele

Michele, thank you so much for commenting on my layout! I have to say that some layouts come easily and it doesn't take long for me to finish... On the other hand, with others is a struggle and I am never really satisfied... So I post and move on to the next one :)

About your layout... I love everything about it! The image, the colors, the techniques you used... Looks amazing!

@Helen, everyone has started as a beginner. And remember that we are always our own worst critic too. We never think it is good enough to show off, yet, when you do, someone will be inspired by your creation. Come on! Share something!

Hi Helen, we are all learning here! ... Just some have found Cassel before others :) ... I can understand that in the beginning, we may feel intimidated but everybody here in the Campus is very supportive... I hope it doesn't take long for you to feel confident and show your layouts.

This is the layout I made to practice the Lab 9 Module 02 (Ribbon Loop - Uneven Lines - Plastic  Pocket)

The background paper is a freebie from DayDreams'nDesigns (May Blog Train). The alpha is a freebie from Kristin Aagard "Thrifty Gold Alpha".

I  made the notebook page ... Cassel's Creative Scrap > Tags and Journaling > Notebook page

I need to practice more the ribbon loop and working with the Mesh Warp Tool... I had to make a few before I had something that I liked...But it was fun!

Font: Edwardian Script ITC

Dennis, Rose is so cute! ... And poor bird :) ... Nice layouts.

Hi, Annie e Michele, thank you so much for commenting on my layout! <3

Michele, the idea of using the same picture in color and B&W  I got from a page I saw online about 3 years ago when I started learning scrapbooking here... Kind of scraplifting? :D

• 2 weeks later...

I tried something new yesterday for my gaming group. I was inspired by a member of a PSP group I'm in. The photos are by Shannon Wild, an Australian wildlife photographer. I was lucky enough to have some extra time to work on this one so I could experiment. It was lots of fun. Hope you enjoy it.

~ Michele