Rules for the Feedback Request section

Cassel

This section is now available based on requests from members.

If you post a project in this section, you are actively requesting feedback and constructive criticism. In order to be a positive learning environment, we would like a few rules to be followed:

start a new thread for each project you want feedback on

tastes are personal and should NOT be criticized.

if you want to give a suggestion, make it specific. For example, it is more effective to say "The shadow on the left side of the ribbon could use more thickness" than saying "The shadows are inconsistent".

if you want to give praise, make it specific. Although it is nice to hear "I like that layout", it is more effective to hear "I like how you used the button instead of the letter O".

don't overwhelm the poster; only give ONE critic at the time

Remember that everyone can learn from everyone. We are all learning, with every project.

Remember that everyone has been a beginner at some point, and everyone has a different level of experience.

If you think of a tutorial that can help, don't hesitate to link to it.

• 4 months later...
Libera, you can post here and request feedback, but you can also post in the Bootcamp thread with a direct question or request for feedback. We tend NOT to add critique in other threads without direct requests as some people don't want that. So, you are welcome to post such request for feedback/critique wherever you want.

My first try/trial, may be too much red (because of the grass), only one slice of bread, so you can see i like fish and shrimps too :-). My problem was - i have to find it out by learning more -  may be with your help, the little cup on the left and the fork are "merged" by mistake. I saw it just at the end of the work. I thought "merge down" would resolve this but i misunderstood obviously this function. I hope its OK that i much deviated (?) from the original project?

Color choices are often a matter of personal preferences so it is hard to give feedback on that. If you have two layers that are accidentally merged,  one way to "unmerged" them would be to try to use the lasso tool, circle ONE of the two elements, then in the Layers palette, right-click on that layer, and select "Promote selection to a layer", then reactivate the initial layer and hit DELETE. That can be done when the elements are clearly separate and not overlapping. And don't worry about deviating. The idea is to do the exercise and practice using the tools.

Thanks a lot for the answer. Sure, you are right,  color choices are personal choices. But it was just a little statement and i  thought may be someone would have an idea for another color and propose it. I will exercise the way to unmerge, i saw the function “Promote selection to a layer” but had not the idea to try it because no association in my head and didn't take the time to look what it means.

I proposed another sandwich in the showroom, both pictures were placed in the wrong way after "submit". I was not able to change it and saw afterwards why they were inverted (?).

• 1 year later...

Hi every one,

I am learning to do shadows and I am finding it really hard to figure out how much to put where.  I would really appreciate any feed back you could give.  Thanks.  I used a couple of different embellishments from Manuela Zimmermann kits.  I did a google search on him and couldn't find his site any more.

Sandra. I see that the shadows are very consistent. That is great. The shadows on the strings are matching their size. As for the wooden frames, I would try them a bit more opaque and less blurred: I can assume that they would mostly block the light due to their opaque nature. As for the sand, you should find a way to add SOME shadows but that is tricky. I would say, try with 1,1,50,1. If you are unsure, look at a bit of sand (not on your desk but put some on a piece of paper). Notice how much (or how little) shadow there is. There has to be some shadowing, but since the sand is so small, it should be small and faint.

Give that a try and see what difference it makes.