Travel Tale Challenge 2018

Cassel

Everyone has done so well with this challenge but I'm afraid I failed to get past day one. I spent ages looking through discs for suitable photo's and then decided to look for the real thing and they have gone AWOL in the depths of the cupboard, so was thoroughly fed up. :(

I might have another go but as I have a holiday looming I may just give this a miss.

Well done everybody.

Sheila x

I made two Day 7 layouts, one with Marisa Levin's template and another one with Cass's "Mark" tutorial.

The first uses two photos I pieced together to make a panoramic picture for the background. It wasn't wide enough to cover the whole page though, so I filled the empty space with one of Pixelscrapper's solid papers from the "Tropics" bundle by Brooke Gazarek, along with a couple of her word art elements. That's Cass's useful Beach Alpha at lower right, and of course the postmark from her tutorial which I've been using on a lot of the pages.

I found a free image of a coconut tree trunk for the Mark tutorial of the day. The mark came out OK but I will need more practice on this tutorial for better results and more confidence in using it.

I picked colors from the photo for background papers and text color. The "3 Moorea" element is a scan of a ticket for the Tupa (Crab) Races. The crab sticker is from Brooke Gazarek of Pixelscrapper's "Tropics" bundle.

I am so grateful to Cass and to everyone who has participated so far in this Travel Tale challenge. I learn so much and gain inspiration from the shared creations in the forum. What fun; thank you very much!