Travel Tale Challenge 2018

Cassel

Royanne, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed your Day 4 layout, especially your leather tag, very nice.  The detail is excellent.  And that's a beautiful photo of the Everglades, DeLoris -- love it!

Here's my Day 4.  Though difficult to see, the leather tag has the Bali Hai Hotels logo on it.  The photos are from an outstanding Tahitian dance show presented by the Bali Hai Moorea Hotel.  They hold a nighttime dance fest as well, complete with fire dancing (subject for another scrapbook layout).

Day 5, I used a picture of the Elk Falls, applied cass-photomasks script.  I then adjusted it, Master class Masking, with a white or black brush with lower opacity to create the blending effect.   I used cass-stamp1 on the picture of the couple to create the stamp.   I added the picture at the bottom left and adjusted the mask on the main photo, white or black brush, to blend this picture in.   I tried a date stamp, cass-datestamp2, but it did not look good.  So I went with the simple white title.  The bottom layer is a light brown that matched the dirt in the falls.   On the suspension bridge is 5 out of the 6 of us that went.  I was tooo chicken to cross.

DeLoris I don't care if you cheated on the stamps your page is beautiful … simplicity = beauty in my eye, well done my friend.  I can relate to your back pain cos sometimes I just have to walk away from my pc.  I now have a gym ball chair which does seem to help but long sessions at the pc are still an issue.  I'm wishing you well to get rid of that pain.  <3

Thank you Annie!  We went to some beautiful places when I was there.  He wants me to come back down this next winter.  I will if my spine straightens up.  I had lumbar fusion last year, but I have hurt myself moving some furniture.  Doc says I've strained some muscles and it will take time to heal up.  I'll have to check into a gym ball chair.  I've never heard of that.

Hugs,

DeLoris

I wish I weren't so frustrated with this stamp creation, which should be straightforward. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my Eraser to work as shown in the Postage Stamp video.  I'm including a screen shot of what it does and here are my Eraser settings:

Eraser tool shape: circular

Size: 20

Hardness: 100

Step: 167

Density: 100

Thickness: 100

Rotation: 0

Opacity: 100

Checked F11 for Brush Variance and everything is Normal and 0.

I am holding down the shift key after the initial click as I click on each corner, but there is an erratic erasing on one side, none at all on the next two, and just the last bit of the forth side shows the perforation.  What in the world could be causing this to happen?

Hi everybody, and thanks Cassel for the new challenge.

@Cassel, <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en" tabindex="-1"><span class="">I only registered yesterday.</span> <span class="">Today I received the mail for day 5. Can I also receive the previous lessons?

Have a great day !

</span></span>

Annie great colors so vivid.  I enjoy seeing all of the layouts they certainly have given me some ideas.... Thanks

My day 6, I used the flag (from internet) of BC and used Cass Stamp1 script for the stamp edge.   I started by drawing some boxes to see where I wanted my pictures.   When I was happy with the layout and size I brought in my pictures and used Cass Clip to it script.  This is by far my BEST and MOST used script I have, it saves hours of work and an excellent result.  I followed Cassel's instructions Binding Scripts in Paintshop Pro and this script is a button on my tool bar for easy access.  I followed the instructions to make the postcard.  I tried to add a bit of humor to this page with the crab and swimsuit lady.   I tried to add some perspective shadows to the crab and swimsuit lady following Unit 11 Perspective and Cast Shadows.   I still have a bit of a problem with them but getting there.  (SLOW but SURE).

Royanne, I really appreciate your feedback about Cass's Clip It script.  I definitely will check it out on your recommendation.  Love your layout too and all your ambitious shadow-work; I am still very basic on my shadowing skills.

DeLoris, that's a great job on the postcard.  I had forgotten about the postcards with a faint photo on the side for the message.  Well done!

Here's my Day 6.  The coconut drink sticker and hibiscus flowers are elements from Pixelscrapper's Sheila Reid's At the Beach. The background photo is of some Tahitian fire dancers I found on the Internet.  I had a good time putting this one together, even though we had to wait for instructions on making the postcard.  I learn so much on these challenges; thank you, Cass!

Here's Day 07.  I hope I did it right.  The page is kinda plain, but nothing I added made the page look better, so I left it alone.

Again, it has been so much fun to do this challenge.  Thank you Carole!  Everyone is doing a fantastic job and I love seeing all the results!

Hugs,

DeLoris

The newly posted layouts are so creative, colorful and meaningful... I love seeing all of them... great work!

I chose the template and was separating some photos for the challenge but I haven't had the time to sit down and work on it... But I will create at least one layout... hopefully soon :)