Double Take Challenge 2018

Cassel

Thank you Rae. I just love every bodies work, very inspiring and fabulous results.

Lin, do you live near Sudeley? I live in Gloucestershire and about 20 miles from Sudeley. Lovely place and love how you used one image to fill the slats.

Sheila

Sheila

Thank you :)

No, I don't live near Sudeley, I live in North London. I went on holiday last year to Gloucestershire, we stayed in Cheltenham, and explored the local tourist places. I agree there are some beautiful places there, I loved Sudeley Castle and Bourton on water, we had a great holiday there. Now that hubby and I are retired we have time to explore more places and take photos. Looking back I wish I had taken more photos of the area. Hope to pop back there again sometime.

Lyn

Marie-Claire, in order to "group" two or more spaces, you can enlarge one of the areas using the Pick tool to cover whatever space you want, and then delete or hide the layers with the spots that won't be used.

Oh Cassel ! <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en" tabindex="-1"><span class="">I think I do not understand it all, but it's about midnight right now.</span> <span class="">Tomorrow I will look at it again with a fresh mind.

I doubt about 'enlarge one of the areas using the pick tool'

</span></span>

I'm getting some great inspiration from the different ways everyone is approaching this challenge.  Thank you all so much for sharing your creations!

Here's my Day 4.  I crashed out the program when attempting the text so once I got everything loaded again I opted to do something simpler, just text with a chisel, then shadowed like a frame.  I will try Cassel's letter arrangement suggestion another time in the future.

Having had too many interruptions with Real Life, I finally managed to finish what I started with Day 2.   This is my first Challenge, so no wonder I am slower, but getting better.

I chose Australian Animals for this, my photos.  The poem is by Dorothea Mackellar (or part thereof), one you learnt at school in my schooldays and I always loved it.

Everyone has done such good work I see in their challenges.

I took a day off the challenge to play golf so am a day behind.

I have really enjoyed looking at all the pages. Lyn Lou I loved your photos of London, took me back to visits as a child. Jan I am so glad you included the first verse of the poem, most people start at the second and it completely changes the context.

Here is my Day 3, memories of a visit to Singapore in 2013. I had a few problems lining the background photo up on different pages so ended up doing it on one big one.

Thank you Marlene, I really enjoyed doing that challenge and happy the way it turned out, it's my first time doing this.

Thank you Cassell, It's been a lot of fun going through all the old photos and such a great way to display them too.  I am often looking at what I can do with all the photos I take and more recently been using them for my artwork.  I take a lot photos of birds, animals and floristry, as I love nature. I love interesting and historic buildings too.

I am loving everyone's designs you are all doing a great job.

Day 4 was really easy thanks to Cassel's Scattered Photos script. I ran the script resizing the photos as suggested and adding a border. I chose not to add the shadows when requested as I was't sure whether I would leave the photos where they were. After the script ran I did some adjustments to size, rotation and placement, trying different things until I was happy with it. Very quick and easy.

I chose some of the photos from the studio tour I did in 2013, an absolutely fabulous experience for someone who is a Harry Potter fan and also interested in sets, props etc. I think the tour has changed since I was there, I would love to go back and see it again. I would thoroughly recommend it to everyone, even if you are not a Harry Potter fan just seeing all the background stuff was amazing.

I used the colour of Gryffindor house for the background, the quote was from a set called "Harry Potter" which I got years ago but I don't know where from. The font is ParryHotter, found in a few free font places. I had a few other elements but decided I didn't want to clutter the page up.

Marlene I actually enjoyed reading the whole poem again, but had to choose only the first verse, it is a lovely poem.   I have been to Singapore myself, years ago now and remembered seeing the Macaws at the Jurong Bird Park and marvelling how they stayed in their open enclosure - I guess they had it too good there.  I loved Singapore, so enjoyed your layout.

Spent today working on Challenge 3 and I chose to showcase Lord Howe Island, a beautiful Island and part of Australia.  Only 400 tourists are allowed at one time.  Some residents can trace their family history to Fletcher Christian and some others from The Bounty (remember the Movie - Mutiny On The Bounty).  However Norfolk Island was where they mainly settled.

https://yindesigns.blogspot.com.au/search?q=free

Thanks for the link to Yin Designs Cassel, they are lovely.  Day 4 of the challenge completed.  Decided to go with cabins, cottages and shacks as I have a large collection of photos for them.  Personally I love the shacks.  They always remind me of the holidays we had when I was growing up.