Basic Scrap Course Modules

Daniel Hess

Here is Project 2 from Module 2.  I have elements from Janet Kemp, Marisa Lerin, Rachel Martin, and Sharon Dewi Stolp.  I created the background using photo corners from Jessica Dunn.  I only downloaded two of the four and went from there.  I actually have several of those now in different colors.  Rest is original photography or from the internet. The fonts I used to create two "alpha" words and 5 alpha letters were Loves Labour and Moria Citadel.

large.Project2.jpg.b42292c64eb36f784ed5d624e0dabda6.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 2

Module 3 Project 3.  A couple of papers from cpjess, one modified from Flolinette-PBS and a rope from Marisa Lerin.  The photo is two originals taken from aboard ship, blended together with another layer that was a gradient fill. Background, plaid paper and paint splash original.  Elements from the internet.  I keep forgetting to write down the font names when I have more than one and always "lose" the first one LOL.  Needless to say it was as Carole calls them...a thick one and in this case a 3D font. The second is obviously Ariel.  PS.  I'm going to start renaming the font raster layers with the font name and size.  Might keep me straight in the future that way. The OpenAsLayer does a good job with the papers and elements in that way.

large.Project3.jpg.fde877a8dd0bf8e449694de3550b861d.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cassel said:

If you keep a vector copy of the text, you can always double-click on the text object and it will show the font name in the font dropdown list. That is one advantage of keeping one "original" vector copy of any text.

Got it.  Thanks.  I almost always DO keep a vector copy of the texts so I'll have to go back and look.

@Cassel  I'm curious.  I saw you mentioned to one of the other participants in the boot camp, something about using a rope and making sure it was on top.  In Project 3, I did a cluster that is different from many, in that I had a couple of ropes, a string, and a group of shells.  The shells seemed to me to "work" placing them on top over the center knot on one of the ropes which was on top of a rope that was coming apart.  I really enjoyed finding that sweet spot with the layering where the string appeared to intertwine amidst the layers.  Did I really achieve the effect I was hoping for placing the shells on top? 

cluster.jpg

• Love 1

It can work but it always depends on the element. In the other comment I made, it was a very thick rope and it was under "flat ribbons". That is the part that does not work. In your cluster, the rope is much thinner, and the elements on top of it are logical to see in that order.

Does that make sense?

• Thanks 1

Module 4 Project 4.  Almost all supplies from Cassel's Fire and Ice with a couple of modifications.  Used a green paper from Jessica Dunn.  The doily was done by me following along one of the tutorials.  I pretty much turned the layout 90 degrees since my photo was NOT in landscape format.  PS...you have to look close to see Rambo.

large.Project4.jpg.b45e9cea903d26d7ae3038fcc414bf94.jpg

rambo.jpg

Edited by Daniel Hess
  • Love 2