Problem with Script cass-Puzzle6x6

Susan Ewart

I just downloaded the cass-Puzzle6x6 and tried it on a square image (2527 x 2527 px) and I am getting an error saying the preset shape is not there (in the preset shapes folder), but it is.  I tried putting the pspshape in again and same error.  I got the error the 3-4 times I tried.  Closed PSP then got it to work but the puzzle pieces are odd, missing the puzzle lines in some parts so the pieces are twice as long.  Not sure what's happening or what I did wrong.  Here is some screen shots.   The error is line 147.  this is what the red error says:

---------Command Execution Failed---------

Command Name: PresetShapes

Error Text:  Specified Preset Shape not found.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string.", line147, in Do

RuntimeError: Specified Preset Shape not found.

puzzle when it worked weird long shapes.JPG

Script error 6x6 puzzle.JPG

File location for preset shape.JPG

Preset Shape in My PSP Resources.JPG

Edited by Susan Ewart
added more info
  • Like 1

One little oddity of older scripts using other resources is that PSP does not always "know" you added those resources: it was not added to the cache.

In more recent scripts, I have a code in it to clear the cache,  but not in older ones. One solution can be to use the shape on a blank image. Another solution is to restart PSP.

Now, I am a little "puzzled" (no pun intended): how do you get a puzzle done if you get that error?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I just downloaded the cass-Puzzle6x6 and tried it on a square image (2527 x 2527 px) and I am getting an error saying the preset shape is not there (in the preset shapes folder), but it is.  I tried putting the pspshape in again and same error.  I got the error the 3-4 times I tried.  Closed PSP then got it to work but the puzzle pieces are odd, missing the puzzle lines in some parts so the pieces are twice as long.  Not sure what's happening or what I did wrong.  Here is some screen shots.   The error is line 147.  this is what the red error says:

---------Command Execution Failed---------

Command Name: PresetShapes

Error Text:  Specified Preset Shape not found.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string.", line147, in Do

RuntimeError: Specified Preset Shape not found.

puzzle when it worked weird long shapes.JPG

Script error 6x6 puzzle.JPG

File location for preset shape.JPG

Preset Shape in My PSP Resources.JPG

Susan, and anyone else, may I make a suggestion. When I  use a puzzle, or create photo block, I  always make sure that the face, in particular the eyes are not obscured  in any way. You can use many ways to rectify  that, after running the script  for  the first time, to see what is where. Awesome photo of the Blue Jay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

One little oddity of older scripts using other resources is that PSP does not always "know" you added those resources: it was not added to the cache.

In more recent scripts, I have a code in it to clear the cache,  but not in older ones. One solution can be to use the shape on a blank image. Another solution is to restart PSP.

Now, I am a little "puzzled" (no pun intended): how do you get a puzzle done if you get that error?

I closed PSP and then wanted to get a screen shot of the actual error to show you.  So I opened it again and it ran this time and it seemed more like it was having a seizure, weirdly blinking and jerky movements.  I ended up with the odd double sized pieces.  I have emailed you a test run I did on PSP 2021 (as my 2022 hasnt been pointed to the new path yet).  I have used two other puzzle scripts yesterday with no problems at all (the rectangle 20x15 puzzle, cass-JigsawPuzzle & the triangle one, cass-JigsawPuzzle2).  And I chose to have some pieces out of the puzzle.  That is very cool BTW.  I needed to have a square format puzzle so I bought the one in the store.  I did try the rectangle puzzle on it and the pieces were squishy as expected.  

• Like 1

Aha!  Here's the layers palette.  I highlight one of the double pces.  One layer is blank the other is a double size.  Weird gremlins at work? I presume the other layers are like that.  I could see the correct amount of layers I just didnt look close enough to see some of them were blank.  Turns out my cache was already at zero, but I still did a clean up and my browser cache too.  You never know, right?

puzzled.JPG

• Like 1

I think i have the explanation and the solution. The preset shape was not 100% accurate for the nodes, and on a very large image, the Magic Wand will find a "tiny gap" so it will select more than one section. Check your email for a replacement shape. If it fixes the issue, I'll change it in the zip file too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

I think i have the explanation and the solution. The preset shape was not 100% accurate for the nodes, and on a very large image, the Magic Wand will find a "tiny gap" so it will select more than one section. Check your email for a replacement shape. If it fixes the issue, I'll change it in the zip file too.

Thank you so much for your quick action with my troublum (yes, this is a word in my vocabulary....cross between problem and trouble 😁).  It works like a charm and I got my layout done for my besties birthday tomorrow....which is coming soon as she is now 7 hours ahead of me (in Scotland).  I appreciate the swift action.  I will download the new ZIP so I have a copy of the new files.  My image was fairly large so I understand also why sometimes it would make a double selection in a different area.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Susan, and anyone else, may I make a suggestion. When I  use a puzzle, or create photo block, I  always make sure that the face, in particular the eyes are not obscured  in any way. You can use many ways to rectify  that, after running the script  for  the first time, to see what is where. Awesome photo of the Blue Jay. 

thank you Sue, I didn't notice that at first, and now I'm under the gun for time to get it to my friend and before I leave for work.  I have I think all of them with lines at the eyes.  I should know better.  Being in a hurry is not a good recipe for a good layout or an excuse for not paying attention (that's when I should be paying even more attention!).  

• Like 1