Third Party Plugins in PSP 2023

Emerald Jay

The only plugins I got to work in PSP 2023 are Particle Effects, which came with the download of PSP, and Filter Forge 3.

I have a folder full of plugins I used to have working in my old version of PSP.  I followed a few tutorials on how to get them to work in 2023, but to no avail.   Can anybody name some of the plugins they have working in 2023, please?  Thank you! 🙂

One thing to remember is that a lot of older plugins were 32-bits and PSP2023 is only 64-bits so all those old plugins won't work in that version. That is the reason many PSP users are keeping an older version, just to use those old plugins.

AKVIS has several plugins that work with PSP2023.

Eye Candy can work although it is not 100% compatible with PSP: it won't add the effects on separate layers like it should (and does in Photoshop).

Topaz also work for photo effects.

Filter Forge is often my go-to plugin since it includes so many filters.

In general, except for Filter Forge, I rarely use plugins. Others might chime in with additional plugins that work. But in the meantime, see if you can keep an older version of PSP to use those older plugins.

• Love 1

Thank you, Carol.  Every one I tried had the format .8bf, but I didn't know about the 32 bits versus 64 bits. At least now I understand why I can't get them to work.

AV Bros. had a page curl filter that I used  to curl ribbons and other things. It's one I would like to have back.

59 minutes ago, Emerald Jay said:

AV Bros. had a page curl filter that I used  to curl ribbons and other things. It's one I would like to have back.

That was a 32-bit plugin. So it will only work with older versions of PSP, if you load the 32-bit.

18 hours ago, Cassel said:

That was a 32-bit plugin. So it will only work with older versions of PSP, if you load the 32-bit.

I have the 64 bit plug in that I purchased some time ago. I don't think their website exists anymore, but I did download a PDF with the how to use instructions. However, the last time I tried to use it, my PSP 2023 shut down.