Eraser tool

In Lab 7 Mod 3 there was a fabric tag that had fringe made with using the "unerase" feature of the eraser tool.  I followed the directions, even going to listen and watch the video recording.  My eraser tool will not work.  The erase feature works fine, but you need to use the UNERASE feature to make the fringe.  I've closed PSP and reopened and get the same result.  I've tried using the mouse and using the pentablet.  With no results.  I've checked the settings for both the eraser tool and the F11 tool.  All matches up, but no results.  I am using PSP Ultimate 2022.  I've made this tag before and don't believe I had this much trouble before - anyway I did get the fringe on 2 tags I made some time ago using the same PSP.  What????

It is possible that it depends on the PSP version. In recent versions, the Unerase feature will work only on sections that were removed with the Eraser tool, NOT the Delete command. Is that what you used?

1 minute ago, Mary Solaas said:

The instructions were to use the freehand selection tool and delete.  I'll try the eraser tool and then unerase.

Yes, that worked in the version I recorded it then.

7 minutes ago, Mary Solaas said:

OK - works fine now using the eraser tool to erase and then with the right button the unerase.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Yes, it has been documented as a "bug", although I don't know if it is a bug or a "new feature" 😉 (that the testers don't like!)