Where to ask questions about Masterclass videos?

Doska St.

Hi all,

today I worked on the new button video and already encountered the first difficulty. I cannot delete the buttonholes with the delete button, even with the exact layer settings. The whole circle will be deleted straight away. Maybe it's just a small setting? Also, Carole spoke a little quieter at that point (distance from the microphone?) So I couldn't understand exactly what she was saying at that point. I only understood something about “hit”. And the PDF for reading is not yet available for download.

This is the perfect place to ask questions, whether they relate to the last master class or any other, so you are correct at the start.

For the buttonholes, the steps are:

• create a vector circle and align it on the guide
  • duplicate it, and mirror it
  • select both circle OBJECTS (holding the Shift key)
  • go to Selection > From vector object. This should make a selection from those circles you drew. If you still have the Ellipse tool active, it is possible that you won't SEE the marquee but it is there. Change tool if you want to be sure
  • hide the vector layers (otherwise, they will hide the holes)
  • activate the colored layer for the button
  • delete. That should delete only the holes area

Let me know if it works.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

This is the perfect place to ask questions, whether they relate to the last master class or any other, so you are correct at the start.

For the buttonholes, the steps are:

• create a vector circle and align it on the guide
  • duplicate it, and mirror it
  • select both circle OBJECTS (holding the Shift key)
  • go to Selection > From vector object. This should make a selection from those circles you drew. If you still have the Ellipse tool active, it is possible that you won't SEE the marquee but it is there. Change tool if you want to be sure
  • hide the vector layers (otherwise, they will hide the holes)
  • activate the colored layer for the button
  • delete. That should delete only the holes area

Let me know if it works.

Thank you Carole,

I translated it, saved it and will rework it again tomorrow.

Edited by Doska St.

Hi Carole,

here I am again with the next malfunction🙄:
The buttonholes worked (I had forgotten to remove the eye of the 2nd circle last time) only the next step - Innerbevel didn't work either. Maybe you see the error on the screen?

DS-Button-Innerbevel-onlyHole2.jpg

50 minutes ago, Doska St. said:

here I am again with the next malfunction🙄:
The buttonholes worked (I had forgotten to remove the eye of the 2nd circle last time) only the next step - Innerbevel didn't work either. Maybe you see the error on the screen?

I think you might have skipped the INVERT command. Right now, it is trying to add the bevel to the inside of the holes. If you invert the selection, it will then apply outside the holes, which is on the button itself.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Carole and Members,

when I created my scrap "SoFi 99" I had a round overexposed area. Now I remembered the tip in the campus blog about eliminating light reflections on glasses. Now I would like to ask whether there is a way in PSP to make an overexposed area in a photo "matt" again or to adjust it to the surrounding colors. Probably falls into the image editing category. Or has this question already been answered in Q&A?