Character map UWP

Jannette Nieuwboer

I had noticed that there was a lot of talking about it on this site. I used it for the first time today. Due to all kinds of problems on my laptop, I can no longer use TheFontThing. That's why I was looking for something different. I hadn't taken the time to look into it before. It takes some time getting used to, but then you get something. I haven't mastered everything yet, but I'll get used to it. And it seems to have been on my laptop for ages. Another step further into the world of photo shopping. I'll be doing more homework like this next week. But don't worry about me I'll be back. Probably stronger than before. 🤗

• Love 1

What happens when you try to use TheFontThing?

Also, Character Map does not replace the font viewer; it only allows you to use extra glyphs that are not readily, and the font has to be installed anyways.

The way I am using TFT is to access fonts that are not installed. You can do the same with Nexus font I think.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/2020/10/featured-resource-nexusfont/ 

11 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Also, Character Map does not replace the font viewer; it only allows you to use extra glyphs that are not readily, and the font has to be installed anyways.

The way I am using TFT is to access fonts that are not installed. You can do the same with Nexus font I think.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/2020/10/featured-resource-nexusfont/ 

Actually, Nexusfont displays all my fonts in two groups. Installed via Windows and Other Fonts, which I've added myself. 

2 hours ago, Cassel said:

Nothing happens. Microsoft does not allow me to have it. In halve a year I'm 3 times hecked. The first time in spring, The virus had remained under Microsoft's radar. And did a lot of damage for a few days., because they've been looking for my banking app. This part of my story is much longer. But I go further.The virus had settled on PSP and thefontthing, as well as other photoshops programs. I had contacted M. myself to report that I had a virus. It took a while, but then the alarm bells started ringing. Then M. cleaned my laptop thoroughly. I got a new PSP from Corel, which was very nice of them because it was completely destroyed. thefontthing has been removed by M. They wrote that they checked when and where the virus came in and that it happened at thefontthing. They have now made it impossible to download it, even through another provider. I am probably now in a database of criminals and they can enter very easily. Databasis  seems to make a lot of money. and where there is a lot of money, criminals like to come. I've changed a lot of passwords, That didnt work enough, they must have collected too much data from me that first time. I hardly dare to download anything anymore. What I said before the story is much longer. A few weeks ago I thought I'd stop photo shopping. I have been working with the PC for 20 years and have never had any problems, and now suddenly 3 times in halve a year.  

2 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Actually, Nexusfont displays all my fonts in two groups. Installed via Windows and Other Fonts, which I've added myself. 

Why I needed UWP was because I was looking for the copyright sign. The regular code alt-0169 was not picked up by Corel. It worked with OpenOffice, but pasting and cutting didn't work last week either. When enlarged it became vague. Then I went to take a look at UWP and there I saw the mark next to some fonts. I looked up one and another about the program on the internet and when used properly it works fine. I made the front page of the calendar full size like i wanted this afternoon. I could write the whole name including the copyright sign. And the frame around it seperately. But also from a font. I had into PSP in the colour palet only the outline other wise it was filled with a colour that not was my goal. So PSP and UWP does co-operate. 

2024-Calendar-Cover back 2-600.jpg

• Like 1