Newsletter chitchat - November 28, 2023

Cassel

I just got my print job back from Staples. The camera flash left a bit of a glare.  This is my completed calendar from the workshop which is a gift for granddaughter Jackie and her husband, Corey. I'm also including a copy of the book The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith as a companion to the calendar as it inspired me in my research about Botswana. Jackie is a zookeeper and animals from all over the world are her passion. (The apple didn't fall far from the tree; just skipped a generation! 😉 )

CALENDAR PRINTED - HANGING ON WALL.jpg

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith_scaled.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I just ordered from Staples too. Are you happy with the quality?

Well, it was a bit of a saga, but I was happy in the end. I started Saturday placing an order online for my 13 page calendar with coil binding at the top on high gloss paper. After sending the files through, on Sunday, I think it was Susan who mentioned having to lighten them up, and I smacked my forehead and said: Self! Of course, they have to be lightened! I always lighten a print job at home but forgot for Staples! So I called and after a long wait found it was already printed and yes, it was too dark. So, consulting with the nice customer service, my order was cancelled, and I was advised to adjust the files myself and place a totally new order. No charge! So, I did that on Sunday, and it said it would be ready to pick up (only 10 minutes away) Monday at 8:30pm. Instead, I waited until Tuesday noon and went to the store. It wasn't even printed yet! While I waited it was printed and came out all askew, upside down and backwards. 😜 So, they did it again and got it right this time. I'm really pleased with the color quality. I had them add a coil binding at the top so each page could be totally flipped. Total cost was $22 and change. They are really rushed off their feet but very kind. 😊

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • WOW 1

40 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Well, it was a bit of a saga, but I was happy in the end. I started Saturday placing an order online for my 13 page calendar with coil binding at the top on high gloss paper. After sending the files through, on Sunday, I think it was Susan who mentioned having to lighten them up, and I smacked my forehead and said: Self! Of course, they have to be lightened! I always lighten a print job at home but forgot for Staples! So I called and after a long wait found it was already printed and yes, it was too dark. So, consulting with the nice customer service, my order was cancelled, and I was advised to adjust the files myself and place a totally new order. No charge! So, I did that on Sunday, and it said it would be ready to pick up (only 10 minutes away) Monday at 8:30pm. Instead, I waited until Tuesday noon and went to the store. It wasn't even printed yet! While I waited it was printed and came out all askew, upside down and backwards. 😜 So, they did it again and got it right this time. I'm really pleased with the color quality. I had them add a coil binding at the top so each page could be totally flipped. Total cost was $22 and change. They are really rushed off their feet but very kind.

The good thing is that it was fast. Using other online print shops would take a couple of weeks each time so fixing any error would not be good.

19 minutes ago, Cassel said:

The good thing is that it was fast. Using other online print shops would take a couple of weeks each time so fixing any error would not be good.

Hoping your local Staples is close-by. That was a big plus for me, and I found the price to be reasonable, especially since they had to ditch the first print run because of MY error. Nice people here - is Staples a Canadian company? 😉

• Haha 1